Dvcrentalstore without insurance for early June trip

Not a medical professional, but here’s what the CDC says…

There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools, hot tubs or spas, or water playgrounds. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools, hot tubs or spas, and water playgrounds should inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.

More info here:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html

4 Likes

On the topic of reopening the resorts and parks, I personally believe that is something that is going to take months to happen. (Might be a year or more away IMHO until we have effective medical treatments for COVID-19.)

However, when Disney reopens and if there are capacity limitations, I suspect that DVC will have the first priority to return. Disney already has collected money in exchange for a multi-year commitment to provide vacations, so they may be obligated to ensure those customers are served before they attempt to serve their hotel-style customers or off-site customers.

I was thinking the same thing. At this point, I would welcome a resort stay if that is what it comes down to. Our stay is at AKL, we love the pool, the food options and the animals. I could use a break from work, we can bring down plenty of games to play to keep us occupied. The change of scenery would be nice. It would be a different kind of Disney vacation for us, but I would enjoy it just the same!

1 Like

Funny, I was thinking about Jiko yesterday. I think they could remove tables and easily spread out guests.

1 Like

Anyone receive their credit from DVC rental store yet? I have not

I’m actually really glad the resort I am currently stuck with is AKL. If I was going to have a resort only stay, AKL is definitely the one I’d want to be at! And I have never done Jiko, so that would be amazing.

4 Likes

Got the original “generic” email stating the new policy, but nothing yet with details. I read somewhere that credits will be good for 24 months.

I can understand the wanting a break from work, but if the parks are closed, I imagine the pools will be too, and limited activities at the resorts in general. It’s also easier if you are owner/go more often, but we are more every 5 years or so, so this would be a big waste of money for us, and I feel like could do similar for a lot cheaper.

We are splitting some costs with SIL and since first time ever if parks are closed she is bailing for sure, but so far she is on board to go even if limited(even though won’t be as happy about it)

2 Likes

DVC owners pre-pay for accommodations. Theme park access is not part of a DVC deed.

However, I think DVC owners with direct contracts will have priority theme park access given any capacity constraints. This would be an incidental benefit that only owners who purchased direct from Disney along with those who purchased resale before this policy went into effect. Those of us who purchased resale after the policy changes will not receive top priority entrance (ie, DVC resale owners will be like any onsite guest). That’s my own speculation; I haven’t read any rumors.

Turns out if my stay had been end of June instead of beginning of June, I would have had to make the choice whether to honor my DVC reservation at Beach Club or not. Anyone in this situation? Given that Storm along Bay will be closed, but other pools will be open at BCV, would you still go if you had a reservation? Glad I was able to switch mine to next year!

I have a DVC Rental Store rental that is supposed to start 6/21. So when the dates were released 1.5 weeks ago with DVC resorts opening on 6/22, I felt like I really dodged a bullet. Unfortunately, this reservation is still active in MDE and I have had no contact from either DVC Rental Store or Disney (besides the slew of emails re cancelled ADRs). The DVC rental store finally updated the COVID blurb on their site a couple days ago to reflect that the credit would be offered for check in dates “up to 6/21” and asked for continued patience. So, I have refrained from emailing them so far, knowing they must be very busy and stressed…but I’m checking my email excessively waiting to hear anything. Given that it is now only two weeks from this check in date, I told myself yesterday that if I didn’t hear anything by the end of today, I will email. I’ve written off the money spent at this point and just want to move on. Either, they don’t offer me the credit and I don’t go because it would be the opposite of magical, or they offer the credit and I wait for them to become insolvent. Sorry for being so negative.

1 Like

I think I would ask for a last minute change. There are so many resorts open to members.

1 Like

We emailed the person who handled our booking and it only took a day or two for them to respond, but it was largely just confirmation and that will be reaching out separately for our credit, so if you are looking for confirmation I’d reach out.

We got a bunch of ADR cancel emails except on last day when the announcement happened and hotel still showed. Then went to check MDE a few days ago just to check and everything was gone from my plans.

I still haven’t heard on credit but I’m curious how early may need to look at booking as I know there is a lot of concern about number of points available and number I of people rebooking to use credits.

When do you all think you will use your credits? We have a back up trip planned for this October which I just booked direct through Disney since there was really no dvc availability where I wanted to stay. I think I will hold onto my credit and use in early 2022 on a confirmed reservation so we will have another trip to look forward to when things are fully opened up again.

I used my credit for next May. It took a while for David’s to get back to me, but I was patient and eventually they sent me the cancellation confirmation and credit. I already submitted a new rental request. What is funny is I emailed them regarding the new request and they responded within an hour! So they definitely have their priorities when it comes to responding to emails.

I still haven’t heard a squeak from Davids about the points they still have of mine available for reservations. I did email them because they expire in November but they said just to be patient.

I’m not bound to them because I refunded in full, so they may find they don’t have them soon. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Right now the plan is to try next year around same time(early June). We waited until 6 months last time to save the premium fee, and ended up having to push back a week later due to availability of what we wanted(poly prefer, but on monorail).

I’d love to plan a lighter and cooler time like Oct, but my kids school has a real strict attendence policy and also dealing with another school calendar as SIL is coming too and teaches in separate district.

So I never got around to emailing yesterday but did finally get the email from DVC rental store today with my credit for the rental that was supposed to start on June 21. (Sigh of relief)

3 Likes

Hooray! Glad that is going to work out. Hopefully you can find a good time to use the credit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got screwed … my reservations isn’t until Oct and my special needs child can’t wear a mask all day. ( he pulls it off) so we can’t go. I was told Disney is open and I’m screwed basically. I can transfer my reservation to another family and My name would still be the primary. But I can’t even give away my week it seems like . $2204 out the window. They didn’t give me any offers to change dates or anything . I won’t be renting points again, it’s just too risky with all this covid stuff now