DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

Just had a minute to look at today’s changes:
SSR 1BR Villa for 3-nights starting 5/26 dropped to $400/night, or 33% below median price of $593.
(This rental originally appeared in March at $867/night. Good luck with that!)

Not a completely unheard of price for these 1BR, but still, with 195 1BR SSR Villas in the data for the last year, only a few more than a dozen anywhere near this price for rentals 3-nights or longer.

Also: Every time I look at the SSR chart my brain wonders why there are so few rentals showing for June or July? Zero for 1BR Villas, and not many for Studios.

Interestingly, for whatever reason, SSR has many more rentals appearing in short time frames than out in the future. Below is the scatter chart for all Studio rentals by price and number of days from 1st appearance.

5 Likes

I wonder if that’s the result of a person getting past their banking window and wanting to do something with the points without necessarily using them themselves.

SSR is typically available right up to the last minute, so it is frequently the only thing showing availability in the short term

5 Likes

For comparison, here’s the same chart for OKW. There definitely is a higher concentration in the < 75 days window, but the rest of the year is relatively homogeneous.

On the other end of the spectrum - check out the chart for Jambo studios!
A lot of people just dumping right at 11 months and 1 second?

Meanwhile Kidani studios much more along the lines of the SSR chart.

5 Likes

This is two more night than I need…but boy oh boy do I want to pull the trigger on this one.

5 Likes

It’s a 1-nighter, but new one tonight is super cheap:
BLT Studio next week on 5/23 for $250, about 47% below median.

7 Likes

I’ve updated the DVC Rental Deals page, highlighted a 6-night Kidani studio for $255 & a 2-night OKW Studio for $171 in September.

9 Likes

Oh dude - those are some very pretty prices!

5 Likes

Bah… 3 days too early!

5 Likes

Built and tweaking a new chart - median DVC rental prices for each day in the year based on various size windows. Here’s the 30 day window for OKW Studios.

• A 30 day window means my sheet is calculating the median price each day using all rentals for that resort and room type 15 days before and 15 days after that date.
  • The red shows the highest price for that date/window and the green the lowest.
  • Note: It only takes 1 oddly high or low price to make those min/max lines look dramatic - so don’t put too much weight on them. One of my scatter charts showing all the rentals as dots would give a clearer picture of how close to median most prices are.
  • Also, have to realize any values calculated after today don’t include rentals that haven’t shown up yet that will ABSOLUTELY change that curve one way or another - most likely downward in many cases.
    (I’ll probably add a vertical line to the chart in the future to delineate past and future rentals.)
8 Likes

Copper Creek 3-nights starting 6/22 dropped down to $317 per night, or about 22% under median price of $408.

It has been out there since January just under $500 and finally started dropping end of April.

Very good price in the scheme of things…

Testing out my new chart where medians are calculated using 30 day windows around each day, this rental officially looks to be a good deal™. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

BW Studio 6-nights starting 7/7 dropped to $307/night, or 23% under median.
Has been out there since last August!

5 Likes

New tonight: Pair of 1-night Grand Flo studios for $328 or 38% under median.

4 Likes

3-night Copper Creek Studio from above also starting 6/2 dropped again to $283/night!

BLT Studio 5-nights starting 6/2 dropped to $330/night or 29% under median.

4 Likes

If you can be there on 5/23 to Check in to a new 3-night SSR studio rental, you might want to click this link NOW because it is $135 per night.

Not a typo. $135.

FIFTY FREAKING FOUR % under median!

Cheapy cheap cheap.

This other new one will likely go fairly quickly: 7-night Beach Club Studio starting 7/1 for $348/night, or 29% under median.

Chart of all 7 night or longer BCV Studios:

How does these rentals fare on my charts of medians using 30 day windows around each date?
Very well.

7 Likes

Wow that’s nuts! I just tried to figure out if I could make that work.

Also it’s wicked cool that you layer your graphs over the NYC skyline.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

How about this one? Just noticed it dropped in price today: 6-night AK Kidani 1BR starting 5/30 for $324/night, or 52% under median.

By far the lowest price for a 6 night rental for this room.

Even if you look at all deals 2 nights or longer, still the cheapest!

7 Likes

Truly I can’t make anything work at the moment. But my mind was totally tripped into trying to figure it out just the same. You can’t get all stars for that price most nights anymore!

6 Likes

Factoring in taxes, that $135 price is getting a deluxe for $120.

7 Likes

Madness!

If only…

6 Likes