DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

Price Drop

:notes: Tis the season for last minute price drops :notes:

6-night Poly Studio start 5/26 now $385/night or 26% under median.
https://www.dvcstore.com/pre-booked-form.cfm?IDNumber=1011

That’s among the lowest prices one might expect to see for this room from now through summer, beyond a random rental or two.

3 Likes

First one this afternoon is a

SUPER Very Nice

3-night BW Studio start 7/15 for $276/night or 32% under.

3-night GF Studio start 7/7 for $378/night or 27% under median

Three COUNT 'EM THREE Aulani studio rentals out in January just dropped, all at $391/night or 19% under median.

5-night start 1/20/25

6-night start 1/25/25

4-night start 2/2/25

(Also: two other HOTEL rentals in Feb & March for $40 more than those studios, but those are 18% OVER the Hotel room median.)

2 Likes

Holy Heck, look at this one. An OKW 7-nighter for only $148.57 per night: Confirmed Reservation - DVC Shop Rentals

3 Likes

Woof!

2 Likes

If it was 2 days earlier I’d grab it! I can modify flights! I wouldn’t use 2 nights technically but would have a room early the second day to late afternoon our last day. And still pay about the same for Pop!

Wow, ran my data pull 10 minutes later and gone.

1 Like

I still see it up

1 Like

Not showing on the full listing to me - your link goes directly to the booking page, which I’ve found they don’t remove when booked, they just yank the listing from the front end table.

(David’s used to do the same thing, but they changed that in their own site update a few months ago.)

I use the detail page link for each listing, which has this format. There it is showing as SOLD.

3 Likes

You right. Maybe they keep up the old page for search engine traffic :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

3-night BW Studio start 7/7 for $304 or 24% under.

5-night SSR Treehouse Villa start 7/6 for $636/night or 30% under median.

2-night FW Cabin start 12/18 for $468/night.
https://dvc-rental.com/confirmed-reservation/?_resort=Fort%20Wilderness%20Campground&dvc_id=DVC6516
As of now, that is 18% under the median of rentals for these cabins recorded so far, but not sure I trust that median yet.

2 Likes

Nothing too exciting this morning in the new rentals, but I have updated the TP subscriber-only curated list of the better rentals if you’d like to peruse them at your leisure.

3 Likes

Looking for a 1-night on 5/27? This one is great! AK Kidani Studio for $230 or 33% under median.

https://dvc-rental.com/confirmed-reservation/?_resort=Animal%20Kingdom%20Villas%20-%20Kidani%20Village&dvc_id=DVC6535

Also a few price drops for next week on some 1 7 2BR Villas:

1 Like

Another nice mid-December Riviera Tower Studio rental:

5-nights starting 12/15 for $338/night or 26% under median.
https://dvc-rental.com/confirmed-reservation/?_resort=Riviera&dvc_id=DVC6541

3 Likes

Super good deal on a 1-nighter:

AK Jambo Studio 9/8 for $161 or 50% under median.

Just about as low as that room goes.

FOUR AK Jambo rentals in October and Nov, all $260/night or 20% under median.

3 are 1-nighters, here’s is a 2-night start 10/23

Historically not many Jambo studios priced lower than this in most time frames. (Sept and Jan being the exceptions.)

2 Likes

Not likely anyone would notice, except @f1rstxlas7 but David’s seems to re-use their ID numbers for dedicated rentals very quickly!

Originally when I created my system and not knowing the ins and outs of all the rental sites, I overcompensated creating my own unique ID number for each rental in case there were multiple identical ones out there. (There were.)

But, recently when cleaning something up on another site after their change, I thought to myself, “Self, this is was kind of overkill - why don’t you just use the darn site’s ID number.”

So I went from a unique ID that looked more complicated to something that looked like “Davids.100345678”. Which was cool - easy to read, simple.

Except freaking David doesn’t just keep increasing that ID number over time - they arise again!
and for completely different rentals at different resorts! Weeks later! So weird.

arise

I noticed it today when filtering on the new rentals that appeared today and found that my “last seen” columns had a date earlier than today. Which makes no sense if it was a new rental.

That’s when I realized that a recently gone SSR 1BR Preferred rental was now resurrected as a HH rental.

So, long story short:
I converted all of the simple David’s unique IDs to a more complicated one that includes things like resort name, room type and start/end dates to hopefully make them ACTUALLY unique again in the future. Users of my search engine won’t see a difference unless I borked the rename process, so just throwing the info out here for posterity.

4 Likes

Very last minute new rentals tonight, but some terrific deals:

4-night SSR 1BR Villa Preferred start 5/28 for $281/night or 52% under median.

1-night OKW 2BR Villa on 5/31 for $342 or 52% under.

Super great Summer Kidani rental!
4-night AK Kidani Studio 1BR start 7/28 for $459/night or 31% under median.
https://www.dvcstore.com/pre-booked-form.cfm?IDNumber=1014

2 Likes

I didn’t know what was going on either. At first I thought that maybe they’d enter a new rental with criteria that exactly matched a previous rental that had gone inactive, so their database just auto-assigned the previously used ID number to this new rental. I figured maybe they never removed the old one from the db and it was erroneously being treated as the listing being modified rather than completely recreated.

But because different criteria will pop up for previously used ID numbers, like you mentioned, I’m just at a loss for why that’s happening. Don’t they at least need an audit trail? If a listing sells and is taken down, then a new one pops up with the same ID fairly soon after, what happens to the previous listing? Is it just deleted from their database immediately? And what’s the point of even having ID numbers if they’re not unique?

2 Likes

Exactly, to all of that!

I thought that perhaps they assigned an ID to a particular customer’s particular points being used and if they changed the rental using those same points the ID carried over. But that doesn’t feel right either when there are gaps of days to weeks in between.

1 Like

Couple of decent price drops today.

In addition to these, anyone looking for a stay in January or Feb 2025, several 7-night rentals at various resorts posted by DVCShop dropped slightly in price already. While none are super terrific prices now, some are already up to 13% under median. Might be worth watching those over time so see if any more price changes happen.

3-night AK Jambo Studio start 8/16, was $356, now $264/night or 19% under median.

8-night AK Kidani Studio start 12/14 was $330, now $275 or 20% under median.

This price might be the lowest we’d expect to see right before Christmas.

Will have to keep an eye out, but as of now comparing the median price this room in Decembers 2023 and 2024 shows this year’s prices are already running below last year, which surprises me a little 7 months out.

2 Likes

Sales are very soft this year as compared to the last couple. I think what you’re seeing reflects that.

1 Like