DVC You There! - Now with Bonus Content

Analyzing Grand Floridian deals today I spotted an anomaly… stare at the chart and you will see it.

Evil Dr Porkchop Chart

#evildrporkchop

13 Likes

Lol took me a minute to figure out what you were doing. Well done. :rofl:

5 Likes

This rental has been out there since early December, but finally dropped last week, then again last night.

Now 27% under median for this room type:
OKW 2BR Villa, 4-nights starting March 5th for $546 per night.
Median price from similar we’ve recorded is $749.

6 Likes

New blog post about some Riviera and Beach Club DVC rentals.
And a full refresh of the DVC Rentals page… Ooh la la.

8 Likes

Here’s a 2-night 2BR BLT Theme Park view room starting 2/27 for $650 per night:
That’s 48% below median of $1,250 for that room…

5 Likes

:astonished:

5 Likes

This rental appeared last night & I do not see this one lasting long: Boulder Ridge studio, 7 nights starting 4/30 for $317 per night.
That is 30% under the median price of $459 I’ve seen for this room type.

7 Likes

Is there anything in the Mar 12-15 range for @sanstitre_has_left_the_building ?

3 Likes

Not a lot. In that time frame most things listed are right around the median price for each room type, which is fine during Spring breaks, probably.

But mostly 1-night rentals. Any that were multi-day came and went a long time ago. Things pop up all the time though, will keep an eye out.

5 Likes

thanks!

3 Likes

$399 for a value studio? What is that, $40 a point?

3 Likes

I don’t track points, just the $/room, but in general just about everything that came out for dates from about now to mid-April were a significant jump up from previous $.

(A couple of the sites sometimes include point values in their listings, but not consistent at all.)

Compared to all Jambo studio rentals I’ve captured to date (not just Value) - that $399 is about 20% higher than the median price. People really looking for the extra money this Spring break!

3 Likes

I looked at that deal since I have a one-night booking at POR .

I just checked, and that room was available for 14 points when I booked POR. I could have paid one-time use points but at $22 a point I decided not to.

I thought it was only 10 points. It is actually $28.50 a point.

If it drops below $300 in the next week, I would grab it.

4 Likes

Howdy All, I’ve just refreshed the DVC Rentals page on the TP site again for easy surfing and clickety clicking for those looking for good deals!

https://touringplans.com/disney-vacation-club-rental-deals

(Have to be logged in to see the page.)

6 Likes

This new one today is a very nice deal, but may be sneaky and stay out there awhile since it is way out in September just at Labor Day…

Copper Creek studio, 3 nights starting 9/4 for $273 per night. That’s 33% under the median price of $408 from past deals I’ve recorded.

For a visual this is where this deal sits in comparison to all past Copper Creek rentals - you can see not very many at that price point even when you include all rentals of 1 night or longer.

If you filter down to 3 nights or longer you can see there are far fewer rentals this far below median.

8 Likes

I saw that AKL value go to $350 this morning. DVC Shop was also offering a $15 coupon. It was still more than the original $308 I wasn’t willing to pay. Someone grabbed it at $335

4 Likes

This 2-night 2BR Villa at Boulder Ridge starting 3/30 showed up on 2/23 at $979 per night, just dropped to $515 per night.

Median is $959, so 46% under.
Not cheap, but a nice deal!

5 Likes

:flushed: Wow. Still spenny, like you said, but someone’s panicking!

5 Likes

My favorite thing is when these get sold…and I try and click on the link…this is the landing page. Mandy obviously made a mistake at some point :rofl:

13 Likes

OMG that’s awesome

8 Likes