DVC site down

All the 1-beds have a door to the neighbouring studio.

The reason it doesn’t show as available is because she holds both rooms; when you modify it doesn’t release the original room until you confirm the new one.

I feel like there should be some IT way for them to set it up to make that modification though. I understand what you’re saying, I just want them to fix it!

1 Like

Ahhh… I guess it must be near impossible to ever book as a 2 BR then, with such limited inventory.

1 Like

It takes a lot of stalking and walking!!

I think there isn’t. I spoke with DVC earlier about trying to free my points from my reservations to release the ones expiring for my little spontaneous trip this week. The CM said the only way to free those expiring points – because they get used first – would be to cancel the reservation and then re-book. Which I could do myself but exactly didn’t want to and lose my December reservations because I’ve no doubt there are waitlist requests for both WL/CC at Christmas and AKL concierge.

I believe that not only the AKL Jambo concierge 2 bedrooms but all Jambo 2 bedrooms are lock-offs. When they built Kidani they built it to have dedicated 2 bedrooms, but at Jambo it was a re-build from the hotel to DVC villas so they are all lock-offs.

In any event, definitely don’t cancel either of your existing reservations to try to re-create a 2 bedroom – it is nearly certain that the waitlist thing will mean when you cancel either of your 2 reservations you will lose it and not be able to re-book to get the 2 bedroom.

It is likely that your best option will be to ask for adjoining rooms, and then you can make it a 2 bedroom. But if the dates of other reservation/occupancy do not align, there may not be an adjoining studio and adjoining one-bedroom free for the days you are there.

1 Like

Definitely not! My dates still aren’t quite in place, so I have a little bit of time to still try to pick up a 2 bedroom.

Quite possible. But all the rooms are so close together that I’m really not too worried if we don’t get connecting rooms.

1 Like

They can manually over ride the points if you end up with the 2 bedroom. They don’t have to, but they can. You see them do it all the time when they upgrade you (in your point detail).

1 Like

Lol, maybe you see that all the time but I’ve never had a DVC upgrade!

2 Likes