Dvc resale offers

I agree, very high but priced for market.

1 Like

So that makes me think that it might be smart if youā€™re not in a particular hurry to hold off a little bit and let things settle out some. You do run the risk at the market will still continue to climb but I would think at some point we might start to see things settle back down a bit

1 Like

See this is the info I needed. Hubby and I want to buy sometime within the next year, so maybe holding off would be better. Its interesting this one has been on the market for over a month, Iā€™m guessing people arenā€™t biting because of the points not being available until 2022

It could also be they are firm with their price and it is a little high.

2 Likes

Yeah I always get a little leery of the ones That have been on the market for a long time. It typically suggests to me that theyā€™re not budging on the price or they might be an international seller which would usually be indicated on the listing. But to me thereā€™s some thing that is keeping it from being sold. Especially in this current market

2 Likes

Do you have this app

You can set you filters: resort, number of points, use year, price range

If you get alerts you will be able to follow the market

3 Likes

I do now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I might have too many apps.

3 Likes

not sure if this helps with your decision or not but the prices have continued to go up. I bought a 120 point contract at BLT last march for $145 a point. Now you cant get that size contract for less than $165. I donā€™t think we have reached the ceiling prices yet.

1 Like

That could very well be but i will say I have been looking at AKL contracts very closely. Last couple of weeks there were quite a few 160 point contracts at $119 with no points for 2021 and full 160 in 2022. Those are gone, this is the only 160 point left.

1 Like

I just noticed that contract canā€™t close until after 11/30

1 Like

When I was in the market, I had a calculation I used to figure out what I was paying per point over the life of the contract. Itā€™s not fully accurate as dues will undoubtedly go up ā€¦ but so would hotel costs. (Basically, added up price, closing costs, dues for life of contract and then divided by total number of points for life of contract.) Then I decided if I was comfortable with the price and didnā€™t worry so much about if it was a good deal. I bought two 50 point contracts so it wasnā€™t really that much money to be worrying over a few dollars a point.

3 Likes

What was the approximate range of $ per point over the life of the contract? Iā€™m curious how it compares to, say, the $19-20 per point you pay renting from Davidā€™s.

I think my OKW contract which ends in 2042 was around $13/point, maybe a little more. My Poly contract was in the $11/point range.

Edited to add: I also looked at how many points I would need to book a night or week at OKW. So the $13/point is $130/night for a night that costs 10 points. The same night at Poly would probably take 15-17 points so thereā€™s that calculation as well.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good way to think of it. Of course you have to factor in time value of money and changes in prices, as you say. But if you have cash lying around you could do worse than lock in that kind of a discount on deluxe accommodations at WDW. :slight_smile:

Youā€™re spot on. There are very few contracts at any WDW resort in the 150-200 point range right now. Even fewer that have any points before 2022 UYs. And even fewer at resorts w/expirations beyond 2042. Pickens are slim right now.

1 Like

If I had known then that I would need to make sewer repairs to the tune of $15,000 last week? I might not have bought it! :laughing:

2 Likes

Anyone know when renting points become a ā€œthingā€ and what has inflation been since it started? I think a year or two ago it was $18pp but Iā€™m seeing some places saying $19 or $20pp now, right?

1 Like

I donā€™t know what it started at but it definitely has gone up in price over time, even in the last couple of years. So thatā€™s something youā€™d have to factor in. Itā€™s quite possible by the end of these contracts, rentals would be closer to $40 per point than $20 (just totally spitballing here).

2 Likes

I just bought a BR resale contract in January and still get all the emails from all the websites I searched and prices have REALLY gone up, like shockingly so in my opinion. DVC Resale Market consistently had the highest prices of anywhere I looked and the majority of theirs are firm prices and they wonā€™t even present an offer if itā€™s not full ask.

1 Like