Dvc resale offers

I don’t think any of us know how tough it will be to book in the next couple of years.

The issue is if you can’t/don’t book CC at 8am at exactly 11 months, and then if there are not any studios available anywhere at 7 months…

Right now that seems to be only an issue for December ? (Is October and November an issue too?)

2 Likes

I agree with @PrincipalTinker that the next two to four years are a bit unpredictable and likely to be atypical of normal booking patterns. Time was a 1BR was always going to be your easiest accommodation to get, and the last to go, for nearly all DVC resorts. But with most of a year lost for most owners, many people now have a lot of points they will need to spend in the next few years, and so the 1BR market has already been much tighter than usual. Studios are always more of a challenge to get at almost any resort. Before Covid, though, you could usually get something somewhere well within the 7 month mark, sometimes by stalking, sometimes by waitlisting, and sometimes just by virtue of good travel dates. If you’re open to staying at most of the resorts, buying where you “want” to stay is less of a thing. The 14 original resorts are all lovely options.

We own at OKW. I bought there for several reasons, with no intention of ever really staying there. Color me surprised when we fell in love with it on our Welcome Home stay! Which is good because we may find ourselves with little choice for a while.

3 Likes

For anyone thinking about OKW I saw this on a DVC site the other day:

2 Likes

Generally owners also decide that annual cost per point and then add the dues per point to come up with the per point cost. So the resale would be $5 per point plus dues.

I point that out because sometimes the more expensive longer points are actually cheaper .

1 Like

Or buy a resale Extended OKW contact. I think someone did at around $100 recently on the disboards.

I agree that is definitely going to depend on the contract/resort/points available etc.

There used to be some sites that you could plug in contract details and get a price per point range. They were geared toward people selling their contracts but I found it helpful when we were researching for resales.

1 Like

Yes, but they have been very hard. I heard the last one last 4 minutes.

1 Like

We are definitely open to staying at different resorts, which is why we want to invest in DVC. The good thing is I’m not in a “hurry” to use my points immediately after buying them. We have a summer trip booked at AOA (one of our favorite) and so far no plans for 2021/2022 except that we will probably do another summer trip and maybe a January one, depending on budget. We tend to try to go on the “off seasons”, because of crowds. We have been visiting Disney 2-3 x a year for the past 3 years so I do think the investment will be worth it in the end.
This is all helpful information, keep it coming!

If you’re not in a hurry look for a stripped contract. You’ll get a better deal than a loaded one

6 Likes

So, the 2057 expiration is only good for buying Direct through Disney, is that correct?

No you can occasionally find them resale.

2 Likes

Disney offered the 2057 end date to all owners in the past. I know I heard the percentage that took advantage of the offer, but it was not a majority.

In search engines it is a filter you can set. They go very fast.

All direct contracts from Disney have a 2057 end.

1 Like

Thanks all,
you have been real helpful!!

1 Like

EvaMarie just posted a link on chat because someone was looking for a smaller BWV contract. Contracts with 50, 80, and 100 points are listed for $160 and $165? Wow

2 Likes

So thinking about this- would your ever pay the $160-165 resale price for BC/BW or would you buy direct (or resale) at OKW/SSR for longer contracts? Or pay the extra $25 a point direct for AKL? Wow

I’d def. go for the latter I think. I like to get more bang for my buck

1 Like

If I were paying that much in the first place I’d go for the longer contract.

I’d like to stay at BCV or BWV sometime but I can’t imagine paying that for them.

2 Likes

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/animal-kingdom-lodge/ak11102/

what do you guys think of this ?

Wow that market is even hotter than I realized. Yikes! I was going to say that seems priced high, but looking at the rest of the inventory it seems right on point. If you were going to offer, I would probably start at $120

yes I feel like there was so much more inventory even a month ago!!