DVC point questions, canceled trip

Oh I know you do. You had a doozy yourself

2 Likes

Itā€™s better than losing biggerā€¦

2 Likes

Sorry about all your troubles. I have only had to have them change flights on me like was supposed to arrive SNA at 1:00 changes to arrives at 10:00. Flying is crazy right now!

1 Like

So sorry about your flight troubles! Agree that it probably makes sense to use the money on the flights.

1 Like

We had to switch from Hawaiian Air to Delta. We had a non-stop but now have one stop w/ plane change, and layovers (both directions) :rage:. The only non-stops were economy and business/first class included 2 stops :face_with_raised_eyebrow: (well wasnā€™t going to pay that much).

Hawaiian Air is discontinuing its service from MCO on 9/8 this year b/c they couldnā€™tā€™ make enough money. We hope :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: we wonā€™t have any more flight troubles.

When did airlines stop having to cover the cost of rerouting you when they cancel the flight/service?

Granted itā€™s been a while, but I remember when I was pondering a trip to England years ago. Nashville had a non-stop flight into Heathrow on American. There was talk of it being cancelled, but my TA (not the one I use now) said not to stress it - if they cancelled the flight they would have to cover rerouting me. About a week after I booked, they cancelled the service - but they rerouted me through Boston at no extra charge to me.

1 Like

hmmmm, I donā€™t know. I guess Iā€™ll have to look into that :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I would. I mean, itā€™s been a number of years, so that requirement might have changed, but at least then, they were responsible for getting me there and back - even if it meant they had to work with another airline.

I wonder if theyā€™re trying to take advantage of people doing it on their own who donā€™t know about the rules thoughā€¦

1 Like

Just checked and it only applies if itā€™s 14 days or less. We have 48 days until departure. BUT Thanks for the heads up!!!

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome. It must have changed because they definitely cancelled the BNA to Heathrow route well ahead of 14 days of the flight.

1 Like

Just a follow up. Hawaiian Air just tried to short us on our airfare refund telling us the comfort seats are non-refundable; thatā€™s $736 of seat :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. I told them since you suspended all flights out of MCO and told me youā€™d be refunding the whole ticket/travel purchase that I expect all of it back. We even looked up DoT rules. It took 30 min and two escalations but they said theyā€™d refund all of it. So mad at them! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry.
Iā€™m so glad you got it resolved. But what a time investment.

1 Like

Thank you, I hate having to be ā€˜firmā€™ w/ companies, but they told us they would refund the entire ticket and when I saw it was just a partial refund I was pretty upset.

1 Like

Had a similar issue with JetBlue yesterday. They moved me to a flight a day later than we were scheduled to leave - and given that we only had 3 days, that would cut it to 2. Because I booked in points and they had no other flights out of the airport that day, I asked them to move me to a sister airport (scheduled from PVD but can do BDL or BOS). Nope, not an option on flights booked with points. Had to cancel and pay the now much higher rate. And I had to fight to get back the money I paid for the Even More Space seats. They finally said they would refund, but I havenā€™t seen it yet.

1 Like

So frustrating! I donā€™t like being at the mercy of the airline industry :angry:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s infuriating-

It should never have taken any escalations -

You didnā€™t cancel THEY didā€¦hmmp I am angry for you

1 Like

So annoying! I really wish a new airline would start up that actually valued customer service. Iā€™m not old enough to remember but have heard stories of when flight tickets were regulated so every airline was the same price so to entice people to fly with them the offered more service, like lobster dinner! Now they just add more and more fees and less and less perks! I hate air travel these days.

2 Likes

And with Hawaii it isnā€™t like you can just say, ā€œFine, Iā€™ll driveā€

2 Likes

IKR!?!

1 Like

I beg to differ! You just need one of THESE babies!

:laughing:

3 Likes