DVC Condo Association Notices (and dues) in the mail

The Condo Association Notices including predicted dues are being mailed out before being posted online this year. Some people have already received them.

These are the dues I’ve seen posted so far:

Aulani: 9.76 up from 9.14
AKL: 9.08 up from 8.80
BCV: 8.63 up from 8.17
BLT: 7.59 up from 7.43
HHI: 11.31 up from 10.73

3 Likes

Thanks for posting! 3% isn’t too bad (I am AKL)

2 Likes

I thought I had opted in for online notices only. Is that possible?

I have no idea. I take it you haven’t had an email about the condo association notice yet?

No, I just looked at my account. I don’t think I usually receive an email, I thought documents are posted to my account. Of course I could be completely wrong.

1 Like

Mine are fab, just over 2% rise (BLT).

2 Likes

Meant to say that I’ll edit the first post with other resorts as I see them posted here or elsewhere.

I saw BLT this morning, posted on the DIS. Mine won’t arrive for another week or so!

1 Like

That’s great! But pretty shocking too given it is due for refurbishment (isn’t it?)

I am seeing this on DVC Fan: Beach Club is $8.6256

What type of increase is this for a refresh? I am curious if BW will include the full refurb costs this year or if it will be spread over 2years?

1 Like

For a refresh or refurbishment, wouldn’t they have already saved the money to pay for it from dues? I would think it irresponsible to begin refurbishment without having first secured the funds. So…I also wouldn’t expect dues to increase when the refurbishment is done, but that dues are already counting for it ahead of time.

I am not saying that is how they actually do it…only that is what I would expect in a “sane” business model.

1 Like

Curious…are people seeing their 2024 dues in the DVC site? So far when I log in, all I see is from 2022 and 2023.

1 Like

You’re right. Refurbs are paid for from capital reserves, which are built up over time. There is no direct link to the annual dues around the time of a refurb.

4 Likes

Couldn’t see it on DVCFan. I’ll update it, just curious what it was before.

Edit: Google is my friend!

Did BLT see a big increase last year then?

1 Like

It was closer to 5% last year.

1 Like

I keep on thinking about OKW and SSR. Didn’t they both experience significant increases post refurb? Yes, reserves pay for it but reserves most likely have a minimum threshold? Also, don’t improvement increase the value and then impacts the tax rate? I believe this was also discussed with the parks and Disney’s increased taxes based on park improvements?

3 Likes

This was how I thought it worked too.

1 Like

This makes sense…

1 Like

That’s still not bad!

1 Like

You know, you’re right come to think of it. It was POST refurb not PRE refurb when I got a huge increase.

I get before and after confused sometimes :wink:

1 Like