Long post with lots of variables to consider if you are trying to do this with your tickets.
- DD and I both have APs.
- I have 1 dummy account each for me and DD16. Each account has its own separate gmail account and home address that's similar to my real address.
- The same credit card I use for ADRs on my real account is used for the dummy account.
- Each dummy account is friends with all of the other accounts.
- The dummy accounts do not have resort stays associated with them.
- I had the AP-discounted party ticket cards mailed to my home address.
- I scheduled FPPs on the APs for 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00 at 60 days out.
- I scheduled FPPs on the party tickets also for 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00 at 30 days out.
- DD's MB was from a prior trip. Mine was a first time use. We got our "room ready" text before arrival at WDE and headed straight for our room upon arrival. We had a CL room which requires MB access in the elevators. All of this worked perfectly, so I don't think there was a problem with the bands. (it's happened before, but not this trip)
The tapstile experience:
DD and I were headed to opening night of MNSSHP on 9/2. Hurricane Hermine had come ashore overnight so our departing flight was delayed several hours so we actually go through security at 5:00 instead of 3:00 as planned. Entry was crowded and there were CMs everywhere. Just past the tapstiles, CMs were handing out party bands as people entered.
DD scanned in first and she got a blue Mickey on her AP band. Then on my AP band, I also got a blue Mickey. Then they asked if we were going to the party, I said yes and we held up the cards to the tapstile...blue again. "Sorry ma'am you need to go to the guest relations window." Uggghh.
We head over there and there's a CM with an iPad before you enter the roped queue. She scanned our party tickets. She scanned our APs. She read on the back of the party card tickets that they were good for that night's event but something on the iPad was weird. "One of the other CMs will have to wave you in. I don't know what's going on but when I scan, 4 things are coming up like expired tickets etc. You'll need to go to GS inside the park to clear up what's happening with your tickets or else this will keep happening at every park for your whole stay" More uggghh.
SOOO relieved that I didn't have to wait in the endless GS line, we go back to the tapstiles. I guess a text from the GS CM with the iPad came across because the CMs wave us in when we throw off another blue Mickey. We get our bracelets and head into the park.
By now it's 5:30 and we're halfway through our last FPP windows. And we're STARVING. So we eat at Friar Tuck's then head to the World Famous Jungle Cruise knowing we are about 5-10 minutes past the window. I'm apologizing to the CM for being late as we scan in on APs. Green Mickey. CM says "No problem. You're good."
We enjoy the rest of the party. We don't need FPPs for anything but I also understood that after 6:00 they might not be honored anyway, so I didn't try. The crazy thing is, the next day I realize there's an Anytime FP on MDE. Maybe because of the hassles checking in? So I don't know if that JC scan was because of the reservations I made 60 days ago or the Anytime FPP. Maybe they gave us 2 Anytimes and we only used 1?
Disney knows I bought an AP-discounted party ticket and assigned it to my "friend" Maddie because I did so in MDE. Since "Maddie" isn't an AP, she wouldn't qualify for the lower priced ticket. If "Maddie" bought tickets, I would have them mailed to a friend's house instead of to the home address associated with my AP. Matching mailing addresses is an easy fraud-prevention indicator for Disney.
Also wondering if we had checked in before the party admittance window (before 4:00) if things would have been ok. It doesn't make sense to me that our APs threw off the blue Mickey. Non-partygoers are allowed in until 7:00 right? Regrettably I don't have any details about the FPPs on the party ticket.
We have MNSSHP for the party on 10/2 with FPPs already reserved. I could try to refund these party tickets and have "Maddie" buy full-priced ones, but I'm sure I'd lose the dummy FPPs. We're flying in much earlier and should be in the park around 2:00. Will report back and I hope to hear from others between now and then. Thanks Liners.