Dreamer and Daughters Do Disney—An attempt at a live trip report

Our BG was called so we walked over to HS. Such an easy walk.

18 Likes

I wonder if it is due to extra cleaning/disinfecting protocols?

5 Likes

That’s a good point. It could be.

1 Like

I need them! We have been trying to get DS15 a New Xbox for several weeks and have failed miserably. Three of us tried on 5 different devices. We were able to get them in the cart but we were not able to purchase fast enough. Each time we do this, I think to myself, when I get to Disney (land or world) I will never get a BG for RotR!

3 Likes

I’ll tell you what, then: they need to adjust their staffing to meet those demands. Or they shouldn’t be increasing capacity. I’ve seen some nightmare stories of folks having to fight to get a room - any room- as late as 10pm. It’s not okay at all. Especially when mainly it’s been DVC resorts open and my dues went up SUBSTANTIALLY. Don’t be crying poor and doing a crummy job of taking Disney-level care of your guests and then turn around and charge me through the nose. You can’t have it both ways.

17 Likes

So frustrating. I hope you can get the Xbox.

1 Like

So despite not having a ton of time before our BG window ends, we are having some Starbucks. Does anyone know what happens if you miss your BG window?:joy:

3 Likes

If I am remembering correctly @Broph1988 said they will take you after your window.

ETA quote from @Broph1988: And then we headed to RotR. Just a note, our BG window “expired” at 10:40. We got there at 11:00 and they scanned us both in, no questions asked, no need to explain our tardiness.

5 Likes

That’s good to know! We made with zero minutes to spare.

7 Likes

I agree with you but was thinking more along the lines of if they are using the fog style disinfectant. That can take a lot of time. If it just because they are increasing capacity but not staff, then shame on them!

2 Likes

Scoot scoot (aka Lizzy) is leading the way onto Rise!! I love this ride!

24 Likes

I don’t think Disney is doing this but I know when we stayed at Universal they said that the room had been left empty for 48 hours before we checked in.

5 Likes

Touring the same way you pack :rofl:
Glad you made it in time. Priorities, I guess. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

They now have plexiglass in the preshow areas.

17 Likes

More great photos.
Love the tree t-shirt
Had to laugh about bringing The Kid along for the ride.
Hope Lizzy keeps his hands tucked in the pack, otherwise, who knows what chaos might erupt. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Yah I’m a terrible liner.

3 Likes

Certainly not!!
You are a seasoned Liner who uses her experience to the max.

8 Likes

And I made a tree shirt for Lizzy and gave it to her the day before the trip. And she forgot it. :woman_facepalming:
Yes, The Child had to ride.

19 Likes

That’s one way of looking at it. :joy:

1 Like

We made it through Rise. No delays at all. We had some great CMs who really enhanced the experience.

8 Likes