Dream Solo trip-Live!-9/8-9/18 Disney & Universal

No, that it was flashing. It’s likely a sign of a low battery. Mine started to do weird things when the batteries got low.

I’ve barely even used it. That would be crazy if it already needs batteries

The batteries it comes with are crap.

Wow! I’m so glad I found your post! I was looking for info on the AK after hours event but I really enjoyed reading all of this! I feel like you had the Ultimate Vacation! Do you feel like the after hours was worth the extra money? I feel like it would be just for FoP and EE but would love to hear your thoughts. We are going the week after Rise of the Resistance is supposed to open so I am worried about crowds for all the parks.

The only negative about such an amazing trip is that I’m having serious withdrawal symptoms. I miss Galaxys Edge so much.
I do think the AK after hours was worth it and I would do it again, along with MK after hours but I was solo. I was not paying for a family of 4. I think my limit would be a date night of 2 tickets. Definitely make sure you eat before you go, not much is open and you want to use the time wisely, and get there at the earliest they let you in if you dont have a day ticket. I think it’s 7:00. That way you can go to the safari before they close. I would skip the rivers of light show and do something that isn’t open during after hours.
I’m a little jealous you might get to see RoTR but I think I’m planning a mini trip for this winter so I can get my Galaxys Edge and Harry Potter fix. I’m also likely going to see the guy I met on my trip. :slight_smile: we still talk.
I wouldn’t worry too much about crowds. You’ll have an amazing time.

4 Likes

A mini trip sounds awesome! It’s only me and my DD18 going in December and I’m thinking about arrival day. Don’t want to blow a park ticket on a half day anyway. We are thinking 530 dinner at Rain Forest Cafe (her choice) so we will be there before 7. I hope the mini trip works out for you and we get another great report!

1 Like

Yay it’s official I’m going back for a short trip January 5-7. I arrive at noon Sunday and fly out 11 pm Tuesday. My flight was only $59 round trip. I’m only packing a backpack. I’m staying at Sapphire falls and I got a discounted rate because I’m now a passholder. I don’t have to worry about tickets to the parks because I have a season pass to universal and the guy I met on my last trip works for Disney and he can take me park hopping as a guest.

I will definitely be spending a lot of time at galaxys edge. I will get to ride rise of the resistance!! I have an Ogas cantina reservation. I will see happily ever after and ride haunted mansion. I might end up buying tickets to magic kingdom after hours. We will see how it goes! Yay. Best part is I wo t be completely solo on this trip and I will get a to spend a Disney day with a great guy. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Round trip???
Good work!

2 Likes

This is exciting! Congrats!

1 Like

Yes round trip! It’s a great deal. I don’t get to pick my seat though.

I’m also going back for 3 nights in March with my friend. The plane tickets are a lot more expensive then. 4x more expensive :scream:

I will be posting a couple more trip reports! I’m very excited.

6 Likes

That is so great!!! Until it’s my turn I’ll have fun reading about your adventures!!!

1 Like

That’s the best! I was just recently thinking of you (I’m making a photo book of our trip and was looking at the photos I took in our late night detour through Sapphire Falls) and wondering if you had kept in touch with the guy you went on a date with. So I looked at your trip report and hooray, you’ve satisfied my nosy curiosity and you’re going to have a great time in January. Have fun!

The update is that I am no longer seeing him on my January trip :frowning: He recently met someone. I don’t know if that will change but as it stands right now I’m doing another solo trip. Yay to brunch at California Grill for the first time!!! Can’t wait.

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that and sorry if mentioning him caused any pain. Hooray for your trip regardless!

1 Like

I’m arriving on the 7th around 9PM. Too bad we will miss each other. Unless we cross paths at MCO. I still need to cross off “meeting another Liner” from my Disney bucket list.

1 Like

Yep. I will be leaving at MCO as you arrive. It’s such a short trip but better than nothing.

1 Like

Nice. I bought my 2 day Disney tickets and magic kingdom after hours ticket today thinking I was way behind on the FP selection window but then I remembered I can only do it 30 days out anyway. I have to wait until tomorrow. I had to think about it but it looks like I’m going to risk HS as my half day because I want to be there at night and then hope I can still make it on RotR.
After debate on cost I decided I can’t miss an opportunity for animal kingdom so I will go to AK before MK after hours.
Then, my last day is universal.
So hard to squeeze everything into 3 days but my highlights are all there.

2 Likes

I also decided I’m going to upgrade my tickets to park hopper closer to my trip. This is the first time I will have park hopper. Exciting.

3 Likes

Oh boy. I snagged some great reservations and it has changed my plans already.
Sunday
Brunch at California grill
Magic kingdom fast passes
Victoria and Alberts dinner
This means I won’t see galaxys edge at night.
Monday
Very early uber to HS to get a boarding group.
Spend the day with my friend and her boyfriend in GE, eat at docking bay and ronto. AK in the afternoon, eat at satuli.
MK for fireworks and then I’m doing MKAH.
Tuesday
Universal
hot butterbeer
:wink:

4 Likes

So you benefited from the ADR glitch today too huh?