Dream Solo trip-Live!-9/8-9/18 Disney & Universal

What’s with all the flights? What were you climbing?

I did climb a lot of stairs every day. Almost every ride and hotel has them but it’s probably also including the rides as stairs.

1 Like

We’d only call the orange ones pumpkins. We have butternut squash. And then we just have squash. That’s as far as my knowledge extends, I buy pumpkins to carve at Halloween and the odd butternut squash but I don’t even know if you can get other varieties here or just one and that’s why we just call it squash.

Well that’s terrifying!

1 Like

Update on the mysterious dolphin charge: the spa said it wasn’t them and they had no record of it. The charge disappeared from my account after pending for days. So I guess it’s all good?

2 Likes

I don’t trust them. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is some nefarious employee who took the information and did the charge as confirmation. Charge is backed out, and now they will hold onto the credit card information for 6 months to a year before selling it.

Personally, if I were you, I’d call your credit card company and have them issue you a new card with a new number to be safe. They will likely have no issue since THEY are the ones most at risk.

It’s standard practice for hotels to preauthorize some amount, in case you run up incidental charges. Are you sure that’s not the situation here?

1 Like

Good point. All the Disney hotels do that now but I don’t know about Swan and Dolphin.

I’ve even had this at smaller hotels all over the US, including the various Marriott brands. It’s a real pain if you use a debit card, because the pending charge ties up your actual money. Usually not a problem on a credit card, as long as you’re far enough below your credit limit.

I’ve had it be a problem on a debit card holding up money that’s why I used my credit card but I’ve never seen an actual charge on the credit credit at a hotel except a dollar or an even amount to see if it is valid. They did $271.93.

Neither AKL nor Sapphire falls charged my card anything.

I may actually ride TOT for the first time after that narrative! Good sell

1 Like

It is really scary, go with someone you can grab onto. I was holding onto a stranger. But, it’s really fun and I recommend it.

You so totally rock!

I loved your whole live report. And love that you got Rowena Ravenclaw. Enjoy the Universal annual pass!!

@rebeecky, I had no fears of getting stuck on rides but now I do! Those people at your local Six Flags seem remarkably calm.

ToT gives me no need to pay attention to how high you are, and even when they open the elevator doors to look out, you can’t really look DOWN to see your height, just OUT. So the fear of heights is diminished.

Ha, that was my biggest complaint about ToT, @ryan1 – if I’m going to be dropping, I want that fear of heights triggered to heighten the experience. The bit where you can see the park and realize how far up you are is too short on ToT! But my fear of heights is pretty mild and before I had kids I was a heights-craver.

1 Like

By the time this video was taken, most of them had probably already passed out. :rofl:

1 Like

My fear of heights is entirely irrational. Just standing on a balcony can make feel dizzy like I want to pass out.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you! I’m so glad I discovered live reports. It really made my trip so much fun. Thanks for coming along with me!!

2 Likes

Yuck, you have all my sympathy. As soon as my older son was born I started feeling anxious if I got near the edges of drops but it’s pretty mild.

:joy: I think turtle talk was my favorite attraction in Epcot. I’m so glad I did it.

1 Like

@Randall1028 Did you ask me before if my lightsaber was making noise even when it isn’t touched? My lightsaber is off and in its case and it just made noise. This is some movie type sh*t. I feel like I’m being called.

3 Likes