Dream Solo trip-Live!-9/8-9/18 Disney & Universal

It was. Especially on a hot day on Batu.

2 Likes

My plans changed a little. I switched my 10am frozen FP to the late afternoon so I wouldnā€™t feel rushed to get to Epcot. I also cancelled my Takumi-Tei reservation. Iā€™m not in the mood for sit down Japanese today. I want to do the food and wine festival and I would probably not be hungry for a full meal at 4pm. Now, Iā€™m feeling tempted to check if the spa downstairs has any availability for a massage this morning.

7 Likes

Good plan!

1 Like

They had a 10 am availability. I found a groupon for $99 for an hour massage plus paraffin treatment and today they also throw in hot stones because itā€™s a M-Th. I also found a groupon coupon for 25% off so I booked it for $75 plus tip. Score.

11 Likes

That was phenomenal. I feel completely rejuvenated and Iā€™m considering doing another one on my last day at the portofino one. My masseuse Janielle was awesome. I checked in, gave my voucher # for groupon, then I changed into a robe and relaxed in a beautiful room with a large window looking out at the swan. Once in the room she gave me paraffin treatment on my hands and feet and then did the massage. My calves really needed it. I have Disney calves right now. They also add on hot stone when you do groupon. She also told me about Orlando magical restaurant month for all of September over 120 restaurants are doing a special menu for $35. So Iā€™m looking into that for my universal part of the trip. Then afterwards she gave me a complimentary champagne and I relaxed again in the room with a view. I had already paid so at check out only the gratuity was due. They charge you 20% of full retail so $37. I gave $40 so $115 was the total after everything and it was totally worth that amount. Now Iā€™m getting ready to head to Epcot.

16 Likes

that sounds wonderful!

Thatā€™s itā€¦we need a Touring Plans group trip so I can take @Randall1028 and @Ericaleah on my very favorite ride, ToT. EE is also fantastic, but I want to make sure you both ride ToT! I talk my mom (who is afraid of heights) into riding everything (I havenā€™t gotten her on RnRC yetā€¦but weā€™ll be there on the 24th)ā€¦so I think I can get you them and youā€™ll love it!

6 Likes

Haha I might get the guts up tomorrow. :crossed_fingers:t2: Kicking myself for bypassing a walk on.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a big thrill ride person. I went on it last year because DD8 wanted to go. I think Iā€™d go on it again.

2 Likes

Wow Epcot crowds are very low right now. Iā€™m going to be able to do everything I wanted to in one day. I ate at Canada, Hawaii and chocolate studio. Went on soarin, the land, Nemo, turtle talk. All walk Ons. The only negative is the heat. I have an umbrella but that sun is strong. Plan is to find more drinks. Go on spaceship earth. Eat more. Drink more. Test track. Drink more. Frozen. Drink and eat more lol and head to magic kingdom for fireworks.

10 Likes

Grabbed a Smokey margarita at Mexico. Ducked into Mexico when it started to rain and rode the boat ride. Ate and drank in China. Skip the dumplings,they taste frozen. The black pepper shrimp if you like spicy are good! Year of the piggy is good. I skipped test track. I will do it when I double back for Norway.
I imagine Epcot, Disney in general, is a wonderful place to be in love. I hope I get to be in love here one day. Lol new love, when you still like eachother.

12 Likes

What I dont understand are the people in the land pavilion eating what looks like Elios pizza when food and wine is going on.

4 Likes

Truth. But itā€™s a horrible place to fall out of love. I once ended a marriage (my own) in Epcot. True story.

Ok. Waiting in Norway for my frozen FP. Iā€™m probably going to buy an arendelle aqua spirit jersey. I wanted to get a new one for this winter and Iā€™m liking the design! I had an Italian margarita and ravioli carbonara. Both were great. On Saturday Iā€™m going to wait until later in the day to arrive and Iā€™m going to take the longer way on world Showcase from France instead of the shorter way to future world. I wish I had had more drinks before turtle talk :joy::joy:.

17 Likes

Iā€™d imagine a trip to Disney brings out someoneā€™s true personality. It can push you to your limits. Sorry it didnā€™t work out but as Iā€™m sure you know itā€™s always better than the alternative. Iā€™m sorry it had to happen in such a romantic place.

Or old love, when you still like each other.

:wink:

6 Likes

:popcorn:

3 Likes

Odd question: have you noticed your crystal chamber flashing light when no blade in and saber ā€œdeactivatedā€?

Mine does that, but once I turn it on without the blade, it stops. And I donā€™t think itā€™s doing it when deactivated and blade in. (Hopefully that all made sense. )

No itā€™s probably because the force is strong with you.
I havenā€™t been near it much. Iā€™ve traipsing about.
Speaking of: no more parks during the day. I am DONE with it. I am running out of clothes to wear because I need to change halfway through. :sob:

5 Likes

Lol only 6 more days to go!

And you know what this means, right? You gotta go get yourself some more Disney t-shirts!!

5 Likes