Dorian wants to play? Ok then: let's play

So Dorian decides it wants to show up in WDW just as I do and play. I’m humbled a weather phenomenon wants to meet me and join in on my festivities, but it’s entourage of wind and rain is scaring Southwest (and well…Florida) so I decided a race was in order to get the ball rolling. So I extended my trip 2 days on the front end.

Now we see who can get to Florida First. Betcha I win.

This has been a very cheap (read: free) change in all things but it does raise a Magical Express luggage issue. I have never collected my luggage while using DME and I’d like to keep that streak going, but as I already have tags for a Monday arrival, is there any way I can do this for a Saturday arrival at this stage?

@OBNurseNH suggested that if I give DME peeps my airport-luggage tags (NOT the yellow ones) to someone at DME, they’ll treat the luggage like it was tagged with yellow and deliver to my room. Do you know who I would give those tags too?

But it also raises a concern that if it DOESN’T have the yellow tag, won’t that make the luggage end up on the carousel? Or is that the intended process: where it goes up there, gets left as “unclaimed” and then collected by Disney at that point once they re-check the tags?

6 Likes

The counter is still there outside of the DME line?

1 Like

are you asking me? Cause…I got bad news for ya… :rofl:

1 Like

I have rented a car my last few trips but there has been a counter on the right before the podiums where you scan your band. That is where you always brought your luggage tags. They will take them from the carousel.

1 Like

oooo spiffy! Thanks!

I AM DA #LazyTraveler! :smiley:

Honestly I do not remember a counter being staffed when I arrived in July. It seemed like everything was being done at the scan points because they were backed up.

I could be mistaken as I never check luggage for a Disney trip and am focused on getting to the buses. But the scan points seemed very backed up for just scanning bands, confirming hotel, and sending you down the line for your bus.

1 Like

might be changed since there’s inclement weather impacting travel plans? A lotta last minute adjustments could mean they’ll throw in extra man power and have the station open?

BTW, I plan on calling Disney here in a bit to iron out some final details, I’ll also be asking them what they think. I just know you guys usually have a better handle on this, so it’s better to ask here first. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think it may have been closer to the right? It used to be like a rental car area but I don’t think that is true now? Actually, I would ask the DME staff that direct you to the podiums.

3 Likes

Go Cat go!

2 Likes

12 Likes

Uh.

No capes!

3 Likes

When I want your opinion, I’ll give it to you. :smiling_imp: :rofl:

5 Likes

How much luggage do you have? Could you just take it with you? Are you going straight to a park?

2 Likes

I keep reading the storm name as Durian. Very different, but both are forces of nature.

2 Likes

He’s lazy.

1 Like

it’s more I just don’t want to waste time getting my luggage, THEN going to MDE. THEN going to Bell Services at hotel, THEN picking it up again.

That…that’s not… oh shush.

:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

OMG this is fantastic!

2 Likes

ok, just got off the “phone” with Member Services of DVC (which is how this was booked). Apparently the tags will be usable I’ll just need to talk to them one more time after they combine my reservations to update the DME info.

Here’s the transcript:

Todd: OK we can submit a request to have the reservations combined into one. What they will do is cancel one reservation and add those dates onto the other. You will then be sent a new conformation via email.
Randall1028: sounds good. WillI need to make a new Room Request?
Todd: What is your question about Disney’s Magical Express ?
Randall1028: I already have my yellow tags from the first reservation, I’m guessing they won’t be usable for this new reservation, is there a way I can still have my luggage delivered to my room?
Randall1028: also, if we’re creating a whole new reservation number, do I now needn’t submit a NEW DME request?
Randall1028: er need to submit*
Todd: No, we be adding the new reservation to the original since that has all of the requests.
Todd: We would modify the Disney’s Magical Express reservation.
Todd: You can use the tags that you were sent in the mail.
Randall1028: oh, would the tags be good then? Cause they are dated for 9/2/2019
Randall1028: fantastic!!
Todd: Once the reservations are combined and you get the new email confirmation, you can contact us to have the Disney’s Magical Express updated.
Randall1028: ok

Sorry, TSA determined that your luggage closely resembled a weapon, so it was confiscated and destroyed. :laughing:

5 Likes

I mean…they’re not wrong. Someone swings it at you and if they connect, you’re down for the count.

1 Like