Dorian wants to play? Ok then: let's play

No, the luggage is not inherently dangerous, but we determined it was a replica of something that is dangerous.

A replica of a suitcase that somebody once hit someone with.

3 Likes

thank you for clarifying that. My mind was going somewhere completely different.

1 Like

Congrats on your extended trip! Can we all expect to be treated to a windy trip report?

1 Like

Are you saying i’m long winded? :upside_down_face:

And definitely parts of it, I think. I imagine there’s gonna be a day I’m stuck in the hotel room. not much else to do but annoy you lot. Soooo

6 Likes

Is it the same resort?

Yup. I kept all things the same. Same resort and room type (guess that would be important information for those yellow tags)

Dorian’s not wasting time with luggage…why are you? Just wear the same thing every day…problem solved!

3 Likes

b199b33c1c9ffab66eebf1159d181f4c

3 Likes

giphy%20(18)

1 Like

@Randall1028 did you confirmation number stay the same? If so, I would say your luggage would still be delivered to the correct resort and room as long as the confirmation number is the same as the original.

it did/will not. I had to create a new reservation for the 2 new days, and the confirmation number is different from the original.

After speaking with Member Services, both reservations will either be cancelled and a new one created, or the 1 will be canceled and added to the 2nd one.

I’m not sure which (still waiting on the email confirmation of what exactly happened).

When you approach the DME area, there are several kiosks where you get your MBs scanned and they tell you what line to get into for your resort bus. I did a very last minute trip in March (like - booked 4 days before travel) and had no Disney tags, I brought the luggage claim tag that I got from the airline for checking the bag and a grumpy person scanned it for me at the kiosk like he was doing me a big favor. Bag made it to my room, no issues. I believe that, once you scan into DME, Disney’s magical forces check the unclaimed luggage at baggage claim for names in their computer list. Think about it - those yellow tags could fall off and be lost. So, I’m virtually certain that, since DME knows your flight info, they also check for your bags at the luggage carousel, but I’d make sure to have the person at the DME kiosk scan your claim tag.

3 Likes

Wait, they’re cancelling on res and rebooking? Did you ask if your FPs would be affected?

2 Likes

hmm no, never entered my mind. I assume everything will keep as it’s them doing it and not me.

Probably should screenshot them real quick. :rofl:

EDIT: aaaaannnd done. Thanks for the reminder.

Screw you, Dorian. You were a pissant lil’ storm and you wanna step up to be a Cat 4 hurricane?

5 Likes

I am racing Dorian to WDW too. Hoping my early Monday flight into MCO lands in time and Dorian decides to go to sea instead!

3 Likes

I will add, I am only packing carry-ons. Not taking that chance with a crazy travel day.

just got my new confirmation. All is good, and all my FPPs are still there.

Might’ve nuked my room request though, but doubt it it given how everything else cleanly transferred.

3 Likes

ehhhh Dorian is supposed to be already there early Monday, isn’t it?

Maybe. My flight lands at 9:30. It is forecasted to be off some 125 miles off Cape Canaveral coast at 8:00 am. So it is a gamble. SWA told me they would keep me posted, but it was a bit too early to tell.

2 Likes

Different CM, different answers. I just got done chatting with a CM as I had to resubmit my DME info. Transcript as follows:

Randall1028: I just got a reservation combined and was told I needed to contact you in order to update my DME information. Reservation number is 123456789101112
Soni: I’ll be happy to help you with that!

Randall1028: Ok, the arrival flight is Noneya
Randall1028: and departure flight is Bizness
Randall1028: And just double checking, since this is still for the same resort and room type, I can still use the tags that I got in the mail (the yellow ones) without a problem?
Soni:One moment, please.

Randall1028: sure
Soni: In order for me to further assist with your request, I will need some additional information. With your permission, I will send you a separate form for you to provide that information.

Please gather your Membership number prior to opening the form and only provide the information through the separate form and not in this window.

The information you provide through the form will not be displayed here and will not be retained after this session ends. Would you like me to send you this form to proceed?

Randall1028: sounds good, go for it
Soni: Thanks.

Randall1028: And done! :slight_smile:
Soni:Is this for August 31st to September 7th?

Randall1028: yup
Soni: Okay.

Soni:I have booked your arrival on Noneya and return on Bizness. Since your confirmation may have changed, you may opt to use the airline’s claim tags or pick up your luggage instead of using the old ones since the code will not match the new booking.

Randall1028: So i shouldn’t use the yellow tags?
> Soni: Correct. You can take the airline’s tags and hand them to Disney’s Magical Express at the ground transportation so they can bring your bags later as usual. Alternatively, you may choose to pick them up at baggage claim since you are close to arrival.

Randall1028: Oh ok
> Randall1028: thanks! Should I leave the yellow tags on there just so DME folks know it should be separated?
> Randall1028: even though they’ll be given the airline tags?
> Soni: I do not recommend that since Disney’s Magical Express are trained to only pick up luggage for guests booked on the motor coach. Your old tags may not show your reservation details and I would not like you to loose your bags.

Randall1028: ok
Randall1028: Sounds good. Thanks!!

This seems as reliable as anything, and supports what you all have said, so I think I’ll be going with the recommendation to just give the CMs my airline luggage tags.

Thanks!

4 Likes