Does Your Husband Carry a Backpack?

This.

3 Likes

Well, then I guess youā€™ll need to bring a different bag that will accommodate his belongings too :woman_shrugging:t2:

Does that seem mean? :thinking:

3 Likes

Yes my husband carries a backpack. With all my stuff in it :heart_eyes: heā€™s the best!

Downside is when I go without him I often almost forget my backpack because Iā€™m not used to having a bag :wink:

7 Likes

Yes. When we go on trips heā€™s the mule. Iā€™m not carrying 4 water bottles in my purse.

4 Likes

DH has cargo pockets, the only time I carry his things is if we plan on a rough ride that his wallet may fall out. Once the ride is over he gets his wallet back. He doesnā€™t bring his phone either.

1 Like

If he doesnā€™t want to carry his water bottle then he could just get cups of water from QS places when he needs one.

3 Likes

I go with cargo shorts.

Fanny pack is another idea. It works well at universal b/c you can take it on most rides, unlike a backpack.

2 Likes

Yes, DH carries a backpack. My kids have their own small bags as well. I carry a cross body purse. His bag holds more than mine, so he carries my water bottle in his.

His use of a back pack in this situation goes back to carrying our kidsā€™ diaper bag. So it doesnā€™t really bother him. In fact his bag is a lot smaller than what he used to carry.

2 Likes

Yep! I always carry a backpackā€¦or at least take turns with DW and the big kids. Weā€™re big on the snacks and water.
Also, free hiking workout!

3 Likes

If itā€™s not crystal clear to DH, well in advance, that you wonā€™t be toting his stuff, you will end up toting his stuff. So whatever you decide, get clarity up front.

7 Likes

When my kids were young, we had a family backpack and DH usually carried it. If fact, I just looked at several photos of us on trips then and he has the backpack straps on. Now that itā€™s just DH and I, he only takes his wallet and phone and I take a small crossbody with my extra glasses ( I switch between regular and my Rx sunglasses), lip balm, my small wallet, my phone plus hand wipes/sanitizer. No need for a backpack or bigger bag.

3 Likes

DH carried a Fanny pack on vacations. We donā€™t walk around with water. We just get free water as needed.

3 Likes

I know youā€™re allowed to get free water at any WDW quick serve (and kiosks?). In practice, how easy is this to do? Do you need to wait in line?

2 Likes

Yes to lines, but we never waited more than a few moments. I mean. I would have it on my mind that we would grab water and as we walked to the next thing weā€™d be scanning for where to stop. QS places abound.

**Now DD and I had draw string bags and on that trip I kept my empty cup and grabbed water from fountains.

1 Like

Not to beat a dead horse about itā€¦but have you considered cargo shorts? :slight_smile:

Cargo shorts are my go-to at most amusement parks. At Disney, though, Iā€™m also not opposed to a sling bag, since bags on rides there is not an issue.

8 Likes

The question, @ryan1 , was does your HUSBAND wear a backpack

So does he?

3 Likes

Oh. Uh. Sorry. I was answering on behalf of my wife. :grin:

1 Like

Oh I totally read it in your voice. My bad. Iā€™ll
Go back and read it an octave higher.

3 Likes

Did you even sleep last night?

2 Likes

Yes. Quite a lot and very well too!