Does this mean what people think it means?

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdmCwTsF/

8 Likes

Character greetings are back?

What about buffets? My friend has a Crystal Palace ADR and high hopes……

5 Likes

I saw that on TikTok. I’m thinking it means the old character meet and greets are coming back. Hopefully character meals will follow.

5 Likes

They are teasing an announcement that is per rumor coming tomorrow that normal character meet/greets will return in April

I hope the meals will come too but I didn’t hear/see anything about that yet.

In this video, Mickey appears to be inviting us in and telling us it’s okay to hug again.

How silly is it that I am verklempt??

12 Likes

As a school district administrator- I have rather strong feelings about TikToc. I have to get past that to even look at the video .

5 Likes

Ok I get that.

There’s lots of bad on TikTok but there are plenty of quite fine things too. This would be one of them.

Basically the video shows Mickey gesturing as if to invite you in. Then he wraps his arms around himself and hugs himself and then nods as if to say, “Yup! Gimme a hug!”

4 Likes

It’s being reported elsewhere. https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/town-square-exposition-hall/news/30mar2022-disney-preparing-for-the-imminent-return-of-non-distanced-character-meet-and-greets-at-walt-disney-world.htm
One person commented that there will be a Disney Parks Blog tomorrow with more information. There’s speculation that they return after Easter.

6 Likes

Just to clarify for me: I thought character greetings were already back but they just weren’t hugging / directly interacting? Like not just Mickey at Topolino’s but I thought you could wait to meet princesses in Fantasyland, etc. So this would just be a return to hugs and personal interaction, right?

2 Likes

The princesses and Mickey are meeting but still behind a rope

1 Like

screams in gibberish

10 Likes

This makes me so happy!! My kids can hug Mickey again!! Yayyyy

3 Likes

Yay!! I am beyond excited about this! I can’t wait to hug Mickey! Oh and I bet DS4 will be pumped too. :wink:

4 Likes

Kids? Heck, there’s quite a few adults excited as well. :smiley:

6 Likes

Haha so true l— but it made me sad thinking of my trip and my kids not getting hugs! Silly but I’m just excited they can get a hug if they want one!!!

1 Like

This is so exciting!

1 Like

I’m no fan of TikTok, either, BUT I’d be over the moon and back to have M&G back by June!!!

4 Likes

I have been hoping for this and for character meals as well! I booked a Trattoria Al Forno breakfast on our departure day, just in case the characters come back.

4 Likes

This makes me so happy! One of my 3yo has been talking about hugging Mickey and I’ve been putting off telling her she won’t be able to. It will be great if they’re back by our trip (last week of April :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

It’s on Instagram too in case you don’t have feelings on that platform - https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbvpI4-pi73/?utm_medium=copy_link

5 Likes

I saw in multiple places on social media that there “should” be an announcement today that full character interactions are back on 4/18

2 Likes