Does this cross a line?

Are these meant to be sold and eaten?

Or are they for some display/ contest sort of thing?

They’re awful

It would be redundant. The donut is a whole new texture element.

Are they? They couldn’t even put it in a proper container for you. Seems to me they want you to work for it.

1 Like

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned yet is this: Where can I get one of these things, specifically? What restaurant in what park? Then, I’ll go get the kitchen sink to top it off.

2 Likes

You make a good point. That thing really needs to be served in a like a popcorn bowl. I need cake and ice cream in every bite.

1 Like

The ones I posted, I think, are from “Black Tap” over in Disneyland’s Downtown Disney. And to answer your question: I think they’re to be [comically] eaten.

Pick it up and eat it like a Turkey leg, just be careful not to eat the glass

4 Likes

As I’ve said before the nice (gulp) thing about Disney is there’s something for everyone.

[shudder]

1 Like

but would you be able to tell with the ice cream numbing your tastebuds to a point? (Honestly asking)

I kinda imagine the cartoons where they put the whole food item in their mouth and then pull out only the cleaned off bones.

2 Likes

It looks like the Plaza to me?

Hmmm, where’s the button to delete other people’s comments… now I have an image of @Randall1028 putting that whole milkshake in his mouth and it isn’t pretty :smile:

Oh, I don’t know.

3 Likes

Im more concerned with HOW to eat some of these excessive desserts at WDW. Logistically …

and how much actually gets into your mouth after attempting to your first bite? I mean half has to be on the table right? and the last thing you’d eat is something dropped on the table that billions have sat at before you.

Shareable sure… but HOW???

1 Like

In NY ice cream pressed into donuts is the big new thing in “artisanal” ice cream.

https://staxicecream.com/
I went to an ice cream festival and tried the one from Stax. (I shared.) The press it like a cuban sandwich. The ice cream melted. It was a wet donut. I’m not jonsing to try again, but it was fun the once.

2 Likes

WITH POISE!!

1 Like

According to a Young Person I know, we’ve all missed the point of the dessert.

It’s so you can post a photograph of you and the dessert and post it on Instagram. This is what the Young People do.

7 Likes

I would argue it is THEY who have missed the point of Dessert in general.

What good is the photograph if those who see it are convinced you never even enjoyed it.

(i would also encourage them to get off my lawn.)

6 Likes

#doitforthegram

2 Likes

#mmmmTidePods!

2 Likes

Yeah, young people are smart. I’m glad the future of the world is in their hands.

3 Likes