Does this cross a line?

I’m licking the glass. Sorry, not sorry! :rofl:

5 Likes

I think what would make it even better is if they swapped out the strawberry ice cream for chocolate ice cream, then swapped out the strawberry donut for a triple chocolate donut, and then swapped out the pink decorative thingies with chocolate decorative thingies…well…then…maybe. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

but…why the doughnut?

so…the whole “Minnie Mouse” thing is just totally lost on you, huh?

Oh. Not at all. Notice the reference to the CHOCOLATE Minnie Mouse bow.

That can stay, as can the chocolate cookie ears.

With my fingers. Though I guess licking the glass is another way to go.

That doesn’t make me a savage. I’d wait until the CM put it down.

5 Likes

How upscale of you!

1 Like

Oh! THAT’S why it’s so pink. And dotty.

Duh.

Apparently Minnie does not appeal to me . . .

1 Like

Very refined! (and thank you for the mental image and laugh.)

2 Likes

Yes with regards to the ice cream and donut, but the decoration has to be pink. That’s a deal breaker.

Because donuts are good.

1 Like

Joey doesn’t share food…

6 Likes

C’mon @Randall1028, you could do it! I seem to recall a recent Trip Report where you had like 6-7 Mickey bars in one DAH :wink:

1 Like

See, when I think of Minnie, I think red not pink. And the bow is red. So, we’re covered there.

The pink ones look festive

Most importantly, there is not nearly enough chocolate for me to consider that a worthwhile dessert. No interest in the Minnie Milk Shake. It wouldn’t even be worth getting my mouth dirty.

Now for a brief interlude of seriousness.

Weight is a complicated and sometimes political issue. I’l try to simplify my views.

A lot of people are overweight. I think they fall into two groups.

First, those who are overweight and don’t care that they are. Good for them. I’m probably in this category. I mean, I’d love to be thin, but that’s not happening. I’d love to be ripped, too. But the process that would take me from here to there is one I’m just not interested in engaging with. Also, I’m old. I want to be thin and young. And ripped. Anyhoo, my point is, if you’re happy with your weight — whatever it is — then good for you. My personal line is this: I want to be able to take my dog for walks that are as long in length and duration as we both want them to be. I don’t want to be puffing and wheezing. I don’t want to be waddling. I don’t want to be complaining that bits of me are rubbing against other bits of me. Your line is your line.

Second, those who are overweight and do care that they are. Well, that’s sad for them. Maybe they genuinely have a medical condition that causes it. Or a psychological condition. Treatment is tough or not even possible. All sad. Or maybe, they’re just, you know, eating too much and need to get a tighter grip of their diet. Being fat because you eat too much and being sad that you’re fat and not doing anything about it is, well, not an optimal situation to be in.

I never see in the UK people who are as overweight as some of the people I routinely see in the US. The only people you ever really see driving those electric scooters around are old people. And that’s rare. There’s a reason for this. America makes it very easy for people to overeat. Portion sizes are enormous, and people make ridiculous desserts like the one that I posted at the beginning of the thread. And then they call them snacks. Being overweight has well-known health implications and can negatively impact your daily life.

Me? I’ve always been overweight. I think it has a psychological basis. I’ve mostly made my peace with it. It’s not so much that I eat a lot of food in general, than that I eat too much sugary stuff, especially chocolate. Sugar is highly addictive. I monitor my weight and do take steps if it crosses a line. Because of the whole not-wanting-to-waddle thing. I don’t want to live until I’m 80. I don’t even want to live until I’m 70. So the “premature death” thing is not that big a deal to me.

The only people I’m judging are the ones who are overweight and are not happy about it. I’m not really judging them. I feel bad for them. I’m not sure WDW is acting particularly responsibly in promoting desserts like this one. They don’t allow smoking in the parks, but they allow — hell, encourage — gluttony. Interesting choices they’ve made there.

3 Likes

So are cookies, I guess my point is why isn’t it another cookie instead of a doughnut? Or something else the ears can rest on?

Two more that are just as insane:

Ohhh I never said I couldn’t do it. I said (or at least implied) I wouldn’t want to. TOOOOOTALLY different :wink: Much like the peanut butter milkshake or the pancake milkshake (ok this one I might NOT be able to do… that’d be a tough one for me).

(and it was 9 mickey sandwiches. Cause #DiabetesOrBust)

4 Likes

YES! I’d be MORE inclined if there were chocolate involved, but I would definitely consider this for dessert at a meal where 3-4 of us would share it. It looks fun! And it’s something we would NEVER do on a typical dinner out at home, but that’s what Disney vacay is all about! :grin:

Well, that cake shake is where i’m at. I LOVE cake and ice cream! They are making it too easy for me!