Do you West coast people really wake up at 4am for FP?

I started looking at my plans and realized that I can book 60 days out for 2 days of parks, but the other 3 days we might be there we are off site so can only book 30 days out. So I realized I have to be trying at 4am for 3 separate days plus 4am one other day for our trip! If I sleep in and try at 6am which is 9am EST do you think FP availability would be very different?

Jenn

3:30 to be exact and yes, yes we do!

4 Likes

For the highly sought after ones, yes! It makes a huge difference. I would personally just wake that early for the 60 day one. That is where you can get the best mileage for you sleep depravation.

1 Like

Why do you say 3:30?

Jenn

I’m in California. I goofed and didn’t wake up at 3:55 AM at 60 days before arrival to book. I was on my way to work at 60 days before arrival and realized that FPP was based on my arrival date and not my first park date! But I was planning on waking up at 3:55 AM to book FPP for 60+7.

Since I goofed, I didn’t book FPP until 11 AM EDT at 60 days before arrival. Because I had so many days, it only mattered for our SDD FPP at 60+3. We got a 5 something FPP for SDD. If I was reserving 4 hours earlier like I was supposed to, I would probably have gotten an AM FPP. At the end of the day it didn’t matter. HS opened earlier and I was able to swap my late afternoon FPP for SDD for an 8:45 AM FPP.

Since you don’t have that many 60+days to work with, every minute after 7 AM Eastern time will matter!

1 Like

Yep. Woke up at 3:55 as well!

giveS Me time to Wake up a little and get everything ready, so I don’t feel hurried when 3:59 hits.

4 Likes

I am seriously debating my commitment. Maybe I’ll just pull an all-nighter …

2 Likes

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but I just learned that DCL has midnight eastern as the time when cruise activities are available to book. That’s only 10pm in Arizona. Why can’t they do that for Fastpass?!

1 Like

Thank you to all! Sucky time to wake up…

Jenn

1 Like

Yes and it’s awful.

I am in Washington, so I will be up at 3:30 a.m. so that I am awake enough to function at 4 a.m. to do FPP. For ADRs, I will be up at 2:30 and ready to be going down my list at 3:00. You do what you have to do.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was seeing all these people who wake at 3:55 and are able to operate their designated devices. I need a minute to wake up. Nice to know I am not alone!

2 Likes

I don’t mind it once I am awake. I actually get a little bit of a high! It is the next 2-3 days where I am trying to recover. This was a lot easier when I was in my twenties!

1 Like

My FP day was today and after all this waiting I accidentally slept past the alarm!! But I got everything I wanted. If I was in CA instead of VA, I’d probably had to settle for a Dumbo FP :frowning:

2 Likes

I will be on a second cup of coffee by the time I start.
I did FPP last year while I was visiting family in Philadelphia, so on eastern time, but on my tablet with other people milling around, including the 3 yr old who wanted to know what I was doing. I will take getting up early and being alone and on my desktop computer.

2 Likes

At least it’s an hour later than ADRs!

1 Like

Got up at 3:30 am with thoughts of going back to bed after booking my fast passes. Nope, that didn’t happen. I was way too excited about getting everything I wanted to go back to sleep.

1 Like

I stayed up until 3am to book mine. I’m in Alaska and stay up late anyway so it was easier to just stay up. I was in bed by 3:30. :joy:

2 Likes

:astonished: