Do you make a mini version of your TP?

I tried to do the digital-only version. But by the time I would pull the phone out and fight with the my muscle-memory to immediately login to the home screen (which means look at phone, log in, realize I’m a dummy, put the phone back to sleep, wake it back up, NOT log in, and then check schedule), it was just easier to look at a piece of paper.

So that’s what I do now. Plus it doesn’t become an issue with the sun. I print out my detailed spreadsheet (which is my TP with all the other stuff, and keep it folded up in my pocket and reference it throughout the day. Works really well with the added bonus of being able to mark it up if I feel so inclined.

1 Like

Screen shots, people!

And then make that your lock screen

3 Likes

Ahem…

:crazy_face:

I do the “print” function, but don’t print it. I then copy the plan to Word and reformat it with the table tool so it fits 1 page (or 2, then I have to print on the other side). I don’t need the map, so I don’t include it. Just the table. Print, stuff in purse or pocket. Done. That said, I’ve usually worked on it so long, like a pp said, I know it by heart anyway. But I can at least check the times.

I do like marking things as done on the plan, but I also found that it was easy to “optimize” the plan on the phone. If you hit that “done” button in just the right place twice, you’re optimizing and resorting the whole thing. So I print.

I like the screen shot idea, too. Even if you can’t use it as your wallpaper, its in your photos, so just pull it up. Or, make a blank page, maybe with one icon on it, on your phone, so you can see the plan in the background.

You don’t have to log in. Take your phone out of your pocket and hit the power button.

Lock screen comes on

You see your plan.

Click power button again and phone goes to sleep.

I must be missing something

2 Likes

I have the same muscle memory and so when I pull out my phone, even if I know I’m just trying to look at the homescreen, I find my thumb automatically placing itself to scan to unlock before I can remember that that’s not what I want to do. I find I spend more time going backwards exactly as @Randall1028 described and so I too print off paper copies that I fold into my Loungefly backpack.

3 Likes

Ah. Now I get it.

1 Like

Sadly that doesn’t work (at least with my setup), my phone comes on soon as it detects movement and the power button immediately puts it back to sleep. So then I have to hit it again, and hopefully remember not to log all the way in.

Oh. That’s both neat and terrible

1 Like

The upshot is that I can access my camera a lot faster. Soooo yay?

1 Like

I disabled that feature. I found it super annoying. But I still have it unlocking after I power it on when it recognizes me.

My phone goes to camera just by twisting it twice.

See for me, my phone was always easily accessible, but I had a copy of all my reservations and my TP, but didn’t look at them once (aside for on the plane to shore up which reservations to keep/drop with my traveling partner). It was too much of a hassle to dig them out.

Things to make my Luddite heart happy…:rofl:

2 Likes

I make a mini laminate (CC size) with which park, 3FP, dining reservations, a few character locations, and parade/fireworks for DD10 for eqch day. It’s easier than being asked 20 times a day. Full size for all vacation just gets printed and hung in our hotel.

1 Like

Much as I love technology and my phone, I’ve learned there are lots of times when paper comes in handy. I print a small sized TP (2 pages on 1 piece of paper) for each day. I also like to include dining confirmation numbers and other notes. And as a bonus, I can quickly jot down things I want to remember about the trip, like DD’s over the top reaction to a ride or something that happened in DS’s character meeting. That takes a lot longer on a phone than with paper!

2 Likes

That’s uh… not exactly what i was going for :slight_smile:

While I feel like I’ve been over my TP many times and I think I have it somewhat memorized, I’m going with a mini TP that I’m writing on a small piece of paper or index card to keep in my fanny pack. I’ll have one for each park day. We leave Saturday!

1 Like

This could be viewed as a really strange question outside of this forum

12 Likes

What’s available in the parks isn’t very high quality. You should always bring your own personal TP.

Mini is okay, but I prefer full size. It can be folded if necessary.

6 Likes