Do I, or don't I? Disney Visa card

No…you get 2% on certain purchases such as groceries toward Disney rewards. Not 2% on Disney purchases. 1% on everything else.

Correct. The Disney Visa only gives 1% for most purchases, but other cards such as the double cash card, give you 2% on all purchases, so that is why I stopped using the Disney card as my primary. I still have it, though, for some perks, such as the theme park photos and 10% off at shopDisney and the local Disney Store.

Wow, 2005!

FYI: You can cancel and reapply for the card every 2 years and get the sign on bonus, plus a spouse can get their own card. My wife and I do the cancel/reapply in alternating years using each other’s referral links, so a few hundred dollars in rewards for us each year.

Only issues are some timing nuance:

Probably a good idea to wait some time after cancelling before reapplying (although I have reapplied within the same day in the past and it worked fine.)

Also: the 2 year clock starts on the day you earned the last bonus. I usually build in a month or so of buffer time between just in case Chase decides to count differently.

1 Like

Lol, yes but you need to be willing to use the card enough to meet the bonus. :grinning:

I hear you. :slight_smile:

But, for others: while there are certainly better rewards cards for the long haul, the return on spend is very good even if you just do that and let the card languish:

Regular Card (no-fee) is spend $500 to get $250 in rewards + referrals,
Premier Card ($49 annual) is spend $1,000 to get $400.

I can hit both of those amounts on any given Tuesday, these days it seems. :smiley:

For the first time I’m doing the premier card myself this year, then going to downgrade before the next annual fee hits.

1 Like