Do I, or don't I? Disney Visa card

Thanks for heads up; I just ordered mine.
I kinda thinks it’s fun as I’ll be 50 in a few weeks too. :+1:

3 Likes

Happens to me all the time. I’m forever using the wrong “s” word

:poop:

1 Like

Oh man!!! I gotta get me… oh. Not for Canadians.

Never mind.

1 Like

Dude you get nothing good up there.

Except maybe maple syrup.

3 Likes

Sheesh so much for “free trade”

5 Likes

Of course, I buy real maple syrup, from Canada, at my local Aldi.

I’m not helping…am I?

1 Like

Right

WE get all kinds of good stuff

Canadians not so much.

It’s a shame. I’d hate to be him.

Just ordered my new card!

Giving up my Grogu design hurts, but I had to get the card with the superior castle.

2 Likes

Got mine already! It’s very cool, but also very pink. I had the Bb-8 card, and it got worn out, so I had switched out for the Millennium Falcon. I only had it 2 weeks when the 50th card came out, but I had to do it! I added it to my collection of Disney cards on my bookcase.

Have you checked out the Shop Disney website lately?
Apparently it’s the law that any T-shirt worth buying cannot be shipped outside the US,

3 Likes

Come to the Daaahk Siiiide!

(I still love my Vader Visa!)

1 Like

Can anyone list the benefits of the Disney visa (other than the really cool design)?

1 or 2 % rewards points toward Disney purchases. 10% off most Table Service restaurants at Disney. Special prices on certain special events. A few others. I use it primarily for the rewards. There are some cards that might have better rewards, but for me they aren’t for things I care as much about.

I have the free card (since 2005) as a back up card. 6 months interest free financing on select vacations (including DVC direct purchase if you plan on paying in full).

If it is not your main card there really is no reason to have the fee based one since you would have to charge over 7k (?) a year to make up the difference.

1 Like

$2500 in groceries a year would be enough to cover the fee. That’s only two months if groceries for our family. I switched to the fee one earlier this year, and have already earned $300. I expect to have at least $700-800 in rewards by our December 2022 trip. But I have started pretty much paying for everything with this card now for the rewards.

1 Like

Well that’s dangerous knowledge.

2 Likes

No, it is the difference between $1 back (no fee) and $2 back (fee). You would have to earn $2 back for $4900, while I earn $1 for $4900 to get your fee back? Then, on top of that you would get $2 and I would get $1. I guess from that point forward I would have to spend twice as much to earn the same reward as you?

I did it for my BWV add on.

1 Like

We should all be really clear- there are much, much better rewards cards.

Editing to add: yes I have had this card since 2005 but….

I switched to the Capital One double Cash card for that reason. I still have the free Red Mickey card since it states I’ve had it since “DAY ONE.” However, the Double Cash card gives me 2% back in cash on all purchases, saving more than double the paid Disney card would have earned…and not just the 2% on Disney purchases.

The only real benefit I’ve enjoyed has been the free Disney photo meet and greets with my Disney credit card. Now, they are special magic shots since the meet and greets are very distanced.

1 Like