DLR and Genie == Holy ticket prices Batman!

Y’all - the last time we were at DLR in 2018, I don’t think I paid much more for 4-day hopper tix with MaxPass for 8 people as I am seeing for 2-day hopper tix with Genie for 2 people.

$825 for two people at Undercover Tourist and $870 at the DLR site.
If I leave Genie off will I forever be regretting that decision.
I can actually do three day hoppers without Genie for $844. Would an extra day allow as many attractions as two days with Genie? I mean -more days is more days. BUT this DD isn’t as gungho Disney as the older DD.

She would also like a beach day and a universal day.

5 Likes

Leave it off and buy Genie+ for one day when you are at the parks, if needed. Make that your “greatest hits” day!

5 Likes

I agree with Heather. Just buy it for one day if you need to. Last week when DD21 and I were there, Genie+ was $30/day/person! There are a lot of rides that don’t have LL and/or have SR lines. We try to focus on those things and then on Genie+ day we’ll churn through the LL rides. RD is your friend.

4 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but I’m not sure I would get hoppers if it saves a lot of money to not get them. What is the price for three days of non-hopper with Genie+? We used to do two days at DL and one day at DCA every spring break. We still tend to not hop that much. On this last trip, we only hopped on one out of our three days in the parks.

5 Likes

I’ll look. Thank you for that.
I know DLR has some grad events when we are there and I was looking for flexibility. But she’s not going to be a do every ride person. She will want to focus on Pixar Pier (it was being refurbished when we were there), Marvel & Star Wars.

5 Likes

Love this. Thank you.

1 Like

WebSlingers has a SR line that moves pretty fast. You don’t get to ride together (although sometimes you do!) but it’s great for re-rides if you want them. Also, a lot of Avenger’s Campus is just soaking it in and watching the shows. If you just hang out in there, you’ll see characters come out, the different shows happen, etc. It’s a very relaxed and immersive experience. I also really like the food at Pym’s Test Kitchen!

6 Likes

Oh. You are making me excited!
I’m so unprepared!

3 Likes

I didn’t know you were a “you don’t have to hop” person too. We did not hop on my last trip.to save money.

Avengers campus is fantastic! You will have so much fun! And if you haven’t been on Incredicoaster, it is so adorable. That single rider line is also great.

3 Likes

We never used to hop. I was on a shoestring budget! But even now with Magic Keys, we hop probably less than 50% of the time.

One other thing I recently learned. MFSR has a SR rider line which is super fast (normally), but you can also be duo riders using the SR line and ride together! I think they have so many parties of 3 or 4 and can’t fill the last seats easily, that it’s not a problem to fit two people into the ship fairly often.

1 Like

I haven’t! So excited about it.

Can we talk about SR @Julianne_fki and @heathernoel I don’t mind riding alone, and neither will DDthen18. BUT - I hate to do it on all the rides. Is it only a few of the headliners that that will need to be our strategy?

We stopped hopping at WDW for a fair number of visits. The cost savings was remarkable.

THIS is awesome! Thank you. Can you believe I don’t even know what rides are at DLR since 2018. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

SR Lines that I can think of off the bat …

1. RSR
  2. IC (Not always a good idea - can be long.)
  3. WS
  4. Monsters, Inc. - No SR, but I’ve heard they have a duo rider line. Haven’t tried it yet!
  5. Space sometimes
  6. MFSR
  7. Goofy’s Sky School
  8. GRR

I think this is it? There aren’t that many that have it. I think it’s a strategy for when you want to re-ride or don’t have Genie+. I like to ride Space a lot, so will use SR if it’s available. It’s also nice for RSR if you don’t want to pay for the ILL. You might even end up in the same car - front/back.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!
We also aren’t terrible wait-ers, if it means doing something we care about. And we are good rope droppers. :heart:

3 Likes

what is WS?

2 Likes

Web Slingers!

3 Likes

RSR and IC single rider lines are MUCH shorter in the mornings when there are more families in the park vs the evening when more regulars are there by themselves. I have found both to be almost walk on before 10:30, and terribly long at 5:30.

4 Likes

How bad will it be if I don’t have early entry?

1 Like

I haven’t been there without early entry since 2018 - so I am not sure!

The last time we got tickets from UT they included early entry, but they aren’t advertising it that way anymore