DLR and Genie == Holy ticket prices Batman!

I don’t remeber seeing that option since COVID

1 Like

Early entry alternates between DL and DCA now. So my advice is to go to the park that DOESN’T have EE first so you aren’t at a disadvantage.

3 Likes

You will be fine. It’s back to switching between parks, so I would plan to RD the park without it. DCA has it Sun, Mon, Wed, and Fri. DL has it Tues, Thurs, and Sat.

4 Likes

Jinx.

3 Likes

Thanks for including the days of the week, I was too lazy to look it up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It’s easy because they just went back to the way it was before covid. Except now it’s a true benefit for onsite without magic morning happening.

4 Likes

Is it truly just the three onsites? Or maybe their Good Neighbors, too? Do AP’s get it?

I’m getting excited!

4 Likes

Only onsite. When are you thinking of going?

3 Likes

5/7-5/13

2 Likes

Only the 3 onsite get EE. It didn’t make much difference, when both parks had EE each day. Now with alternating, I’ve only seen a difference a couple times, but it’s been slow season. I’ve really been wondering if it will make a difference in DL (never made a real difference in DCA) once the crowds come more. I’ll be tracking that.

Matterhorn also has SR. The same applies as RSR & IC, works great early, not so great late.

As a 23 year DLR AP I probably hop less than 20% of the time, however, I’m also local and am usually only there for about 5 hours.

4 Likes

Interestingly, Liners on the DLR chat say that this is currently not be the best strategy as its the obvious one: most offsite guests (which are much more numerous than onsite guests) will assume this is the way to go, so it may be counterintuitively more advantageous to go to the EE park, e.g. zig where others zag. Its been mentioned that this could change on higher crowd days. I’m trying to keep an eye on this in advance of our June trip, curious to get on-the ground impressions from those who go before then.

5 Likes

I’ll be going in May so stay tuned! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is a good point. I definitely think it’s worth watching the trends. If you’re going to go to the non-EE park, it is probably only advantageous if you are among the first to enter, i.e., truly rope dropping. If you’re behind the masses, you are probably better off going to the EE park.

2 Likes

Does this mean it’s official? I’m excited for you!

2 Likes

It’s as official as anything can get for my brood! Looking into some trip insurance. Not kidding.

DD has so few opinions. It’s almost harder. I don’t think she realizes how it’s not as hot in California in May as it is in SC. I don’t know that two beach days makes sense.

I don’t even know which thread this is. :woman_facepalming::laughing: qwertysc’s in full form again.

5 Likes

Oh! I did buy my DLR touring plan subscription. So. Yes. Official!
And ads are gone. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I go to the beach end of May pretty often in CA. Just keep in mind the water is colder there, regardless of time of year. But it’s usually very pleasant, perfect beach weather. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not too bad. There’s not that many onsite guests compared to WDW. Also, they only have EE at one park per day. A lot of onsite guests will try to RD RSR - I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Or they will RD PPF so that the line will be full at regular RD. Or they will rush to RD Rise. If you stay away from those three rides, you can get a ton accomplished in the first two hours of the day!

4 Likes

I was in the LA area for 1 day the first week of May last year. High temp in the afternoon was in the low 60s (with high 50s in the morning and evening). It was great weather to walk around, but I would not have wanted to have a beach day. Maybe I was there on an unusual day for weather, but you may be rolling the dice on beach weather.

4 Likes

Jeez that’s too cold for me buy about 25 -25°

1 Like