DL Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Are you saying you need park hopper tickets rather than one-park-per-day tickets so you can have two days to get a BG for RotR? If that’s what you’re saying, I agree that would be prudent, unless your priority is to ride Webslingers.

Exactly. I was considering not paying for park hopping but after reading this thread, I think it’s a must to increase our RotR chances.
Thank you for confirming this!

1 Like

We were there at the end of June and able to be successful every time we tried for a boarding group using the tips we found here. I say if you practice, have multiple people trying, and test your internet speed you have a good chance of being successful. You can Google “internet test speed” to determine if Wi-Fi or data is better and learn if you’re in a good location in the parks. We also discovered that different mobile plans have different data speeds. This my husband and I are both with Verizon but his data plan is much quicker than mine.

3 Likes

Our results:
Monday 7/26
6:59:59 refresh with 6 phones: RotR BG66. Called around 11:00am.

Tues 7/27
6:59:59 refresh with 6 phones: Web BG1. Called at 8:30am.

Wed 7/28
6:59:59 refresh with 4 phones: RotR BG44. Called around 10:30 am.

Thurs 7/29
6:59:59 refresh with 2 phones: Web BG 24. Called exactly 8:23am.

4 Likes

Awesome! Did you share anything else about your trip somewhere? Glad you were able to go!

2 Likes

I did on Facebook. Here’s a link to my tips/conclusions:

5 Likes

My crew has tickets purchased and park reservations made for next Wednesday, the first week of lower crowd levels out in CA, due to their schools starting back up. I just practiced the 12:00 drop, and had some success navigating the app and the BG process. I’m starting to get excited to try this out for real next week.

2 Likes

I was successful in getting my friends who are at Disneyland right now RotR bgs at noon today. Good luck next Wednesday! We are rooting for you!

2 Likes

Well, I almost forgot to practice this morning from work, but I jumped on at the last minute and fumbled around again, fail. I am going to chalk that one up to not being prepared, I took too many seconds clicking around at the last second. I think I can, I think I can…

2 Likes

My sister is at DCA today. I secured BG 5 for WS for her! I think that’s the lowest I’ve ever gotten. She owes me one.

I used the refresh method at 6:59:59.3-ish.

3 Likes

6:59:59.3 - that’s good right there - the perfect spot! :grin:

1 Like

I just tried to get my sister a second BG for Webslingers at noon. I was not allowed since their party had reached their daily limit (i.e., they’ve already had a BG for WS). Just in case anyone was wondering if the limit is still being enforced. (I believe you can still get a BG for the other ride if you have hoppers and ride the first ride before noon.)

Btw the virtual queue is still available 3 minutes after noon. I’ll keep an eye on it to see when it closes.

Edit: the queue was closed at around 12:05pm.

3 Likes

I had friends who had never heard of boarding groups until last week do 6:59:59 refresh and easily get RotR yesterday (they rode sometime before noon). I know WEB is generally easier than RotR and noon is generally easier than 7am, but WEB’s noon drop being open for 5 minutes is still surprising to me.

2 Likes

MiceChat reported that there was a day this week when the noon drop for both RotR and WS was open for almost 3 hours! That would make things much less stressful. (Btw, back when it first opened and you had to be in the park to apply for a BG, the morning drop used to be open for hours, not seconds!)

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

This is nuts!

1 Like

My wife got BG 12 for RotR today for DSis. Yay! Now only my parents have not ridden it yet out of my family. They go in December, so I’ll have to keep practicing.

1 Like

@bebe80 the message I got when my wife already had a BG for their party was different than it used to be, I believe:

I panicked a little when I got this because I thought it would say something like, “It looks like you’re already in a boarding group.”

3 Likes

Well, my attempts for a RotR BG today failed again…the saga continues. I did however feel pretty accomplished, as I quickly switched over to WS and got through, so those are definitely staying available longer. There may be hope for me after all, tomorrow is a new day.

Question: when you “refresh” the app, which method do you recommend? Just curious if I need to try a different method - I might be losing valuable milliseconds. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This morning I did the pull-down refresh method on the Virtual Queues page at just a hair past 6:59:59. Pushing “Join” from any other access point should work fine too.

Make sure you have opened the app and accessed your tickets / plans about 5 minutes before. I don’t know if it actually does anything, but it does seem to help get the “spinning” out of the way before go time.

2 Likes

I make sure all my other apps are closed.

3 Likes