DL Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

7 Likes

Thanks for this!

Do you have an update to the chart/data?

4 Likes

Wow! Backup BGs available till after noon?! We haven’t seen numbers like that since December at WDW. Gives me hope for maybe riding if I go next month as planned.

1 Like

Me too! My daughter is going with friends on Sunday (she is in college about an hour away). I’m hoping they get on, but also not happy she is getting to experience without me! Our trip is April 19-20.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Wow they had a day with no backup threshold, even though they made it to 140? Any insight on what that means? Or is the data just missing?

1 Like

I would assume it is just missing data, or Disney testing something. If the Backup Boarding Group threshold was 82, BBG started being called at 3:53 pm.

1 Like

Is there any recent data regarding RotR boarding groups in DL? We are planning a day there in mid-August, and I am curious what my expectations should be? Anyone have any recent data? We plan to be there right after schools start back up in CA. Any information is appreciated.

1 Like

A few people have been recently who can maybe speak to their experiences, if not hard data.

@Amy11Russ and @Wahoohokie can you share your recent ROTR BG experiences ?

4 Likes

Here’s the page with all sorts of data on Disneyland’s RotR operations:

It’s been operating very well, averaging around 300 BGs per day (BGs are almost certainly half the size or so of WDW’s BGs, so this doesn’t compare between parks):

The ride has been operating 90% of the time most days, with downtime very rarely approaching 20% in the last month.

This chart tells you about what time each BG # is called, on average:

2 Likes

Thanks @OBNurseNH and @Jeff_AZ.

I am also curious if they still have a second round of BG drops around noon, or has that changed? If so, any idea what type of success people are having getting a successful BG from round 2?

1 Like

I was there on Jul 8 and July 9. Park res for DCA on 7/8, DL on 7/9.
I had no trouble with a Webslinger BG at 7 sharp using time.gov on 7/8 (using one phone on cell service). (from room in GCH)
Tried for the noon drop on 7/8 for RotR, using time.gov and 2 phones, and hitting the button right at 12, no success. (cellular not wifi) (from Craftsman Grill restaurant in CGH)
Tried for the 7 am drop on 7/9 for RotR - right at 7 using time.gov and 2 phones (one on cell, one on wifi), no success. (from room in GCH)
Tried for the noon drop on 7/8 for RotR, one phone (Inside DL park), cellular service, no success.

So - I had 3 tries, 0 success for RotR at DL.
Comparatively, I’ve had 3 tries for RotR at WDW (over 2 trips,July 2020 and May 2021) and been successful each time.

3 Likes

Yes, the drops are 7:00:00 and 12:00:00. Don’t be a milisecond late! :blush:

2 Likes

So if I may ask another follow-up, it looks like 7/8 was the worst day in about a 2 to 3 week window (per @Jeff_AZ’s link) for RotR BGs - could it be that they had a very bad day that day, and then had to make up for it later that day and the next day with some extra passes to return guests? Do they compensate guests that way if they have a terrible day of operations? Just curious - thanks for all of the help, everyone.

1 Like

Generally, even on a bad day these days they are still getting through all the “regular” boarding groups, and only people with a high-numbered “backup” boarding group are not getting to ride. If you have a backup boarding group, there is generally no compensation of any kind if you don’t ride. I assume if you have a regular BG and it isn’t called, they would let you in the next day, but I haven’t seen people report on that since very soon after the ride opened in 2020.

1 Like

We went 6/15-6/18 & 6/20 with the following results for RotR:

Tue 6/15
7AM from hotel room on Wifi- Unsuccessful but it was more that it was our first real time trying (we had meant to practice at home but never did) so we were all a jitter about it
12PM from parks on cellular back-up group 232 (never called but we didn’t expect it as it was a back-up group)

Wed 6/16
7AM from hotel room on Wifi- 106 (called after noon)
12PM Ineligible to try since our RotR group was not yet called

Thur 6/17
7AM did not try for RotR (but did get Webslingers group 18 from hotel room on Wifi)
12PM from parks on cellular RotR 170 - the ride had issues at the end of the day and even though this wasn’t a back-up BG it was never called (they stopped calling BGs at 145) and we didn’t get any compensation, but we also didn’t ask. They had given us grief on getting the rider switch the day before so we didn’t feel like they would be any kind of accommodating on this though.

Fri 6/18
7AM did not try for RotR (but did get Webslingers group 16 from hotel room on Wifi)
12PM from parks on cellular got RotR 197- this time the ride did amazing all day and we were called back well before dark, and it was reported that this day they got through all BGs as well as back-up BGs and that they opened up more BGs at the very end of the day so people paying attention on their app were able to snag a BG and ride close to the end of the day

Sun 6/20
7AM from hotel room on Wifi- Unsuccessful but it was bc we were trying for RotR thinking we had DL park reservations and we had DCA ones instead. So our fault. We would’ve gotten a decent BG though if we had double checked our park reservation and adjusted accordingly.
12PM didn’t try for RotR as we were decided to make our last BG attempt be for one the whole family could do (but did get 136 for Webslingers, in the parks using cellular).

2 Likes

We got a ROTR BG on Saturday 7/24 at the noon drop. Tried at 7am, but service was poor in our hotel room but I didn’t realize it until it was too late. Monday 7/26 we got a BG at 7am easily from the hotel (I went outside this time).

2 Likes

So, after reading through this entire post, what i’m taking away from this is, for the 2days we’re there, definitely need to park hop bc trying to score a RotR BG & have it called is difficult even with fairly low CLs.
Am i looking at this right?