Disneyland Update - Openings, Closings, and Glimmers of Hope

Tickets are gone! For now …

2 Likes

:flushed:

1 Like

Isn’t the walk from Mickey and Friends parking garage pretty far to CA Adventure?

1 Like

Yes. I wonder if the trams will be running?

No. People have to walk.

1 Like

I so happy for all of you! You will have an amazing time. Please be sure to share pictures!

4 Likes

Morning! Hardly slept thinking of just sitting at Lamplight Lounge looking out at Wheel of Death. :blush: With parking not opening until 11:30 I am wondering how many people will pay the $10 or $20 to park elsewhere just to get into DTD earlier. We will be coming in on the Amtrak so we ART shuttle it right to the entrance. I have noticed before many people parking at the ARTIC station and shuttling it to park

4 Likes

They have the walking corridor open (where the tram usually goes) so it is a little faster than usual. Still not short!

Also even when that tram trail is not open, you can walk directly south from Mickey & Friends rather than having to backtrack on the streets. It’s probably a 20 min walk.

3 Likes

My question is are we all ready to do this kinda walking again? I could do almost 16 miles a day some trips but now I’m lucky if I can get 6 :crazy_face::rofl:

5 Likes

I have not built up any sort of endurance over the last year so … pretty much nope! But ready or not, here we come!

4 Likes

Thanks.

I’m going to book a hotel across the street on Harbor. We just haven’t decided when we would arrive.

4 Likes

This is where going to WDW 3 times in the last 9 months is going to pay off for me! Even in a pandemic, I can’t quit going to Disney every few months. :rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

No! I feel fortunate that I have a little over a month to “train.” Prior to COVID-19 shelter in place, I was a “floater” (go ahead and laugh, DH and I always do!). And travel from school to school lugging my toys with me and was able to put on some good mileage. Now I am relegated to a desk and I am lucky to walk 2K in a day. Now I have the incentive to train for this! I got my second vaccine shot and I am still a little out of it, but i should be good to start on Monday!

5 Likes

I hope you feel 100% soon!

You’ll be back up to par in no time! Plus, with the weather finally warming up, the extra vitamin D should feel amazing!

5 Likes

Looking at hotels on Harbor Blvd. earlier and I see Grand Legacy has 2 queen rooms for 90.30 a night!

4 Likes

if you arrive and want/need to join the virtual queue for the new Trading post here is the code. I will see if I can find the ones for the other popular DTD shops :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

:scream:

I just took a picture of that barcode and was able to join the waitlist from home! Brilliant!

(I didn’t actually join though - maybe there is geofencing to prevent that? Anyway, good idea to have that on hand for the day of.)

2 Likes

The really important one Marceline’s!! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

2 Likes