Disneyland Update - Openings, Closings, and Glimmers of Hope

Interesting read. I really hope they go to a split day to increase capacity and to bring Back as many workers as possible! This may just be the faint light at the end of the tunnel I needed!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to go back! It’s hard to believe it’s already been closed for almost a year!

2 Likes

I kind of like the idea of day-parting. We’ve done the marathon 14 hour days, fighting the crowds in the evenings. It would be nice to be able to buy an evening ticket for the night-time shows and know you’re not going to be crushed by the crowd. I just wonder if those tickets will still be the same price (or more) as we are used to paying for a full day.

2 Likes

I will have to go back and check the article. I initially took the split days as a way to increase capacity (20k to 40k per day) during Covid-19 restrictions, not as an ongoing method of doing business. I would happily pay full price for a 20k cap day at DL.

1 Like

I think they are considering them due to decreased capacity, but then they were also talking about the problems of over-crowding pre-pandemic and this might be a solution. So I could see them continuing after but maybe a little higher capacity?

1 Like

I would love to have split days, but only if I can pay for both splits! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It’s not day-splitting, per se, but before COVID you could buy an afternoon/evening ticket in WDW.

1 Like

Finally info on the food event - " A Touch of Disney " at DCA! Tickets go on sale March 4th. I think we might try to go in late April.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/a-touch-of-disney/

5 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if I should buckle down and just go with my wife for a day. :thinking:

3 Likes

This might actually get me to come to Cali for a day or two.

4 Likes

I was thinking about a day trip too. Earliest flight lands at 9:45AM. Plenty of time to either uber or rent a car and drive to DL. Last flight is at 7:00 PM, so couldn’t stay to the end. But 5 hours of food and photo ops might be enough.

3 Likes

Let me know! Chessie is being really weird about making plans with me, so I’m likely to go on my own at some point if I can get a ticket.

1 Like

The answer is always yes.

10,20,50 years from now, the best stories don’t start with “Remember that time we almost went to DL for a day date and didn’t? I’m so happy we didn’t, that was my favorite episode of (insert your fav here) ever. So glad we watched it live instead of on streaming/dvr/etc.”

I dated a guy from my days working at DCA. We were…broke. Like, gas money and not much else. 4th of July weekend 100 years ago, we used our ID’s to do DL/DCA for Friday, drove to Mexico Saturday and had really cheap lobster on the beach, then drove to Vegas (I was living in Anaheim at the time.) on Sunday. We were only able to make it back home because I hit a $40 payout on a slot machine on our way back to the car. No joke.

That was my favorite weekend before a lifetime of favorite weekends with my now husband.

The answer is always, yes.

5 Likes

Thanks for the enabling. I’m seriously considering this. As long as I can get tickets! :flushed:

4 Likes

YOLO!

(period.)

3 Likes

DVC just announced the reopening of DGC!

I smell opening soon! Especially with Orange County just hitting the numbers that will allow them to start Spring HS football and water polo sports again.

2 Likes

I wish I was more optimistic. I know there is a push from two CA assembly persons to change the requirements for them to open. But without that change, I don’t see them getting there any time soon. Currently they need to have less than one new case per day per 100,000 and less than 2% positivity rate. That’s a hard metric to reach even with wide-spread vaccines. Currently Orange County is sitting at 10 new cases per day per 100,000.

2 Likes

I have faith. They need the economy to reopen. How they can’t see that WDW is doing just fine and isn’t having “mass spreader” events is beyond me.

I’m that little guy on the shoulder screaming “DOOO EEEEET!”

Happy to help! ; )

3 Likes

Because Californians think we do things best. And if you live in the SF Bay Area, we say we do things better than all of California. I hear this at work all the time. We (not me) cannot accept defeat or that someone else has done better.

1 Like

So excited for this some kinda step forward. I just might try for Easter Sunday since it is on my Birthday this year! :sparkling_heart::birthday:

7 Likes