Disneyland Update - Openings, Closings, and Glimmers of Hope

AND the Bowers Museum( 6 miles away from Disneyland) just extended Inside the Disney Archives: 50 years of preserving the magic!! :heart_eyes::blush:

6 Likes

Iā€™m going with or without DH! DS and DD may want to go, especially if we foot the bill. Iā€™m going to try to get tickets for March 30 or 31 next week, if they are available for those dates.

Santa Clara County STILL requires a 10-day quarantine if you travel 150 miles outside of its boundaries.:angry::rage: We are hoping the County will repeal the quarantine next week, 2 weeks after Presidentā€™s Day. But I will still buy DH a ticket. I can probably sell itā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to Hawaii this weekend (very short trip) and have a Florida trip planned the first week of April, so I need to push any ā€œTouch of Disneyā€ trip down the road a little ways. I didnā€™t see an end date for the event, did you? Iā€™m thinking late April or early May for us. I hope you can go that soon so you can give us all an update!

2 Likes

Yes. Your kids will thank you later on. DH and I took weekend trips every year without the kids. Took us away from being parents and invested in being husband and wife.

3 Likes

End date is currently April 5th but likely to get extended if you ask me!

Thatā€™s only a couple of weeks!! Maybe they think they can open for real after that?

1 Like

Iā€™m envious of all your traveling.:heart_eyes:

I hope others will be able to go earlier than me and report. But I will report, if I get to go.

I will be stalking the website beginning March 4 at 11:55 pm, easy since DLC is in the same time zone!

3 Likes

Ok hereā€™s what it actually says. Looks like they are definitely expecting it to go longer, but only releasing through April 5th at first.

5 Likes

It doesnā€™t say what time sales will start. Iā€™m assuming mid-night? I hope they will release that information as time gets closer. I donā€™t want to be up all night refreshing.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll say at some point. But itā€™s not going to be a convenient time, Iā€™ll tell you that! :joy:

3 Likes

I always check at midnight :blush: Then they drop at 10am:roll_eyes::laughing:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s okay, as long as I know. It canā€™t be that bad of a time compared to FPP and ADRs for WDW!

2 Likes

No tea this time because the hotel isnā€™t openā€¦:anguished:

so so bummed. Last tea for me was on Leap day last year. Had 4 others booked too. Really looked forward to that Tangled themed tea they were going to have. One was going to be on my 50th birthday too :frowning_face:

2 Likes

So sorryā€¦ Chin up. Many more teas to enjoy together in the near future. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

2 Likes

Newsom is hard nosed about this opening. But the recall momentum may change things. There are many people who believe that amusement parks shouldnā€™t open because of transmission. Then, I tell them FLā€™s amusement parks have been open with excellent protocols since July 2020 and there hasnā€™t been any outbreaks traced back to them. Iā€™m confident there are cases related to the FL trips but not outbreaks.

Aside from being selfish at wanting the parks to open, opening the parks means that thousands of people in the travel industry can return to work. The stimulus money is peanuts in urban CA.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I agree!

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional info! Ugh, I have to rearrange my schedule to go on Mondayā€¦ Iā€™m sure there is enough demand and money to do 7 days a week.

3 Likes

Are you a Californian?:wink:

2 Likes