Disneyland Touch of Disney

:astonished: We thought they were delicious! We gobbled them up as soon as we got them. Now, I have to try the ones at Ralph’s again. I don’t think I’ve had the ones at Mint Julep.

1 Like

Midway games are open!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m also curious about how firm that 11:30am Mickey & Friends opening will be. Coming from LA, traffic is so unpredictable. It’s much easier to aim at arriving earlier than to attempt a spot-on 11:30am arrival and then have to sit in a store parking lot or circle until they open the garage. :joy:

2 Likes

I will be watching this and bet they change it up a few times. They might make everyone wait to park at first but once they see Harbor Blvd. backed up the lot will open. I am always so thankful I come in on Amtrak and get the free ARTIC shuttle. I will be watching the Ho JO’s Batterhorn cam tonight in hopes of some fireworks !??!! :sparkling_heart::rofl:

3 Likes

A reminder for those attending not to miss Sh-Boom in Carsland!! DD just asked if they will still offer it and I said they have to!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I thought the exact same thing (mental note, check sun down time day of and aim to linger around cardland then in hopes of seeing shaboom!!)

3 Likes

I was hoping of a sunset at LLL but our reservation is at 4:35 and can’t hog the table for that long so I think that the second best choice would be Route 66 and Sh-Boom!! Will you be trying for a walk up reservation at Carthay? I heard they will be accepting day of walk ups. I tried for you but it was booked up fast.

2 Likes

I know you did and I really appreciate it. Yes, will try for a walk up at CC-- it’s the only place that has something the girls will eat on the limited food offering available for ToD- plain pasta.

2 Likes

Disneyland News Today is tweeting throughout the day. And One of the Mouse Planet people is live tweeting https://twitter.com/mouseplanetavp/status/1372615892295544836?s=21. He said he arrived at 11:25, so I think if we check traffic starting at 10am (from LA) and if it’s like today, and we leave at about 10:35 we won’t be turned away from the freeway exit. Will continue to monitor over the next few days but feel better. It looks like maybe they start letting people in to queue up but don’t actually scan in for parking until exactly 11:30am.

3 Likes

OH… this reminds me of how WDW looked when it first reopened last July… I’m soooo jelly right now of all you that will be going soon. ENJOY!!!

1 Like

DLNT seems to be doing the better job of live tweeting: https://twitter.com/dlnt

1 Like

Provost Park Pass is also live vlogging: 🔴LIVE Back Inside Disney California Adventure! A Touch Of Disney Opening Day Stream - YouTube

(Though the stream looks to be temporarily interrupted.)

2 Likes

Provost Park Pass started a second live stream on YouTube, as the last one crashed: - YouTube

1 Like

2 Likes

I am sooo excited!! Please let me know if there is anything you see that you’d like me to pick up.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Yikes. So glad we are staying across the street and can walk.

6 Likes

I’m also glad I’m not going for a couple of weeks so they can work out the kinks!

5 Likes

Me too! I am wondering if the shuttle is even running through the loop there. Looks like we will be calling a Lyft

4 Likes

I take it the vast majority of visitors will be local, and therefore not staying at a hotel. I’m sure there will be plenty of us there - possibly filling up the Harbor Blvd hotels - but nothing like usual. We’ll see. If it’s crowded, I’ll be happy for all those businesses and their employees!

4 Likes

The joys of opening day!

3 Likes