Disneyland Genie

There is availability with park APRs Friday if you book an onsite stay. just toggle to Disney hotel guests. I have no idea if the resorts have open rooms though.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=ticket,ph,ap,resort&defaultSegment=ap

4 Likes

Enabler alert!!! :rotating_light:

:rofl:

4 Likes

It’s what I do best when it comes to Disney! If she is willing to buy him a $650 pass, pretty sure an onsite room is in the budget.

2 Likes

Wow look at you…let’s see what’s available. Watch only the Jungle Cruise suite at Disneyland Hotel or something that costs $6K/night

3 Likes

Does he have a ticket to the merriest nights? I know if you stay onsite they have some available the morning of the party, so could get him one of those too. You have to be there early though, as they don’t have too many.

1 Like

interesting no he doesn’t They have the Paradise Pier standard room the 9-10 at the discount for $341 plus tax. Which we might could just go the 9th before the party and try to get tickets and just spend the night for the 10th then go back to the beach.

What’s early? like noon? or like 8am?

I think earlier…like 6:30-7ish but it has been awhile since I saw anyone post about it.

Theme Park Tickets

Your check-in date must be at least 3 days from today in order to add theme park tickets.

so if I purchase the ticket separately but have the hotel room booked does that still count for that availability? or does it have to be the package? It’s only 2 days out.

I think they may be dropping more availability. Dec 2nd half just opened up for Passholders…

Yes it should. The biggest thing is make sure you link the hotel to your DL account before you try and buy the tickets and make the APR. Without it linked it probably won’t let you buy tickets for days there are no APRs without an onsite booking.

Oh wow, that just changed in the last few minutes.

2 Likes

I’m hoping more is coming…I’m super stalking and I’m soooo busy at work and bugging the heck out of 17 year old son to finish his last three PreCal assignments and study for his ASL final. I can multi-task LOL

3 Likes

How do you add Genie+ to an existing Room/Ticket vacation package? Is there a way to do it online or through the app? Our trip is 12/16 - 12/21 and would like to get it Genie+ for the duration in advance, so I don’t have to buy it each morning.

1 Like

They said it would be available to purchase in advance but not for 12/8. Sometime after the park opens today, or any time tomorrow or later, try doing it on the app and if it doesn’t work then you’ll have to call.

The app interface makes it look like you can only add it the morning of and only after you enter the park (which is different than WDW where you can add it at 7am and make your first selections). My park tickets don’t go live until 12/12, so right now I am limited in terms of playing with the menu selections.

2 Likes

This is correct for today. But supposedly they are adding functionality to purchase in advance later. I’ll keep an eye out for instructions.

When MaxPass first rolled out you could only buy day of after entering the park for existing tickets or at the time you purchased new tickets.

2 Likes

I think when they said you could purchase in advance for all days after Dec 8th, they meant on new ticket purchases only. I have a 3 day PH for Fri-Sun (Enchant Key has blackout days Sat/Sun), so will know tomorrow if I can buy it for all 3 days before going into the parks. If it works like Maxpass, only new tickets will have it built in, old tickets will have to add it day by day.

2 Likes

Ok that most definitely could be the case here. Report your experiences back.

Apparently there are a lot of technical difficulties so don’t take the lightning Lane availability that you see in the app at face value. I kept thinking “wow, looks like you can just use lightning Lane immediately on almost every ride“ lol

3 Likes