Disneyland Genie

Disney Genie and Disney Genie+ Service Coming to Disneyland Resort Beginning Dec. 8 | Disney Parks Blog (go.com)

Literally the day I arrive to Cali aka tomorrow and thanks for the advance notice and ability to buy ahead of time Diz…lol

2 Likes

Same girl, same. I don’t land until 2pm tomorrow so likely won’t use it. Maybe Thursday.

2 Likes

wow, way to just… spring it on you guys.

Them: Look, Elvis!
You: Where? I don’t see anyth-
Them: HERE’S DISNEY GENIE!

5 Likes

Here’s the pinned thread with all the DL-specific info:

2 Likes

I saw after I posted…I did a quick look and missed it before I posted. Thanks for the link and all the info. I have party tickets for Thursday only so I probably won’t use it if I’m even allowed for the early entry part. I only want to ride Snow White since it was broken in October 100% and after that iasw with the holiday overlay is next priority. Otherwise my only other must do is the riverboat during the party with the band on board. I don’t think I’ll need it for those few rides and I think only iasw is an option anyway. I can go check your copious notes to verify. I was planning to get it for Friday so maybe I can purchase that on Thursday but I really hate that I cannot buy my ILL’s at 7am because I want both RSR and WS especially if I can snag another park rez for my brother. But I won’t be there at park open. More like 10am so they might be gone.

1 Like

I was just coming to terms with I wouldn’t have it and it’d be crowded because park reservations are gone for the entire month for all the various types of tickets/passes. And then BAM!

2 Likes

I don’t get in till 6:10pm so I wasn’t going to the park that day anyway. Looks like I might be able to get it on the 9th for the 10th though fingers crossed. But also my brother is joining me last minute and there are no park reservations for any kind of ticket/pass. I really want to go to the park but I also don’t want to leave him alone and he wanted to go with. I really hate this new system and that you have to know 2 months ahead of time. :frowning:

1 Like

If you have two members of your party you can both apply for one of the two ILLs at the same time.

1 Like

First I have to get someone to drop their park reservation for the exact moment I check if any are open! :wink:
current sitch:

1 Like

:grimacing:

I’d even buy him the one key left if it would get me one but…

1 Like

That would be 100% accurate and I’m almost 100% positive that once the party stops, the LL’s stop. So that day would be a super lame day to purchase it because it all wraps up by the time the party begins (6/7pm).

I am irked they made it that you have to be scanned into the park to purchase ILLs. Especially since they already have the functionality to know if you have an APR or not. Not like I was going to be buying much of those anyway (maybe for special trips, but we go enough that I can’t really justify the price for a family of 5 - well 6 but that last one doesn’t count for a ticket yet- to do one ride).

I hear you on this SO much! Fingers crossed that someone changes plans night before. I know I am totally guilty (just two times so far) of holding onto days right until the very last minute, just in case we do find a way to get away for the weekend.

1 Like

One thing to note - others have tried to get a park reservation when no availability was showing on the calendar and they were still able to get a reservation. I call it stealth availability. So it’s worth trying.

2 Likes

Yup, I get it…I’ve done it with ADR’s.

Yeah I wouldn’t buy it for RotR anymore as I’ve ridden it a lot (but at least Disneyland’s has been working with the last Kylo animatronic which has been broken in WDW the last couple of times). But I LOVE RSR and have only ridden WS once. I waited 70 min for RSR during the freaking Oogie Boogie Bash because it broke down when we were almost there and SR line was not open. So I’d happily pay for it there.

2 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream: That is amazing intel to have. (off to tinker with a weekend in the future)

2 Likes

alright let me try…thanks!

*NOPE.

I can’t try that with the Enchant Key because I’m not dropping $649 on maybe and it doesn’t let you pick when you pay. Though if i got it I could use it and can I transfer my park ticket to him? I know you can’t transfer special event tickets but WDW lets you transfer park tickets.

1 Like

I get wanting to pay for WS (and RSR because it is SO awesome). We’ve been stuck in two 70-75 minute waits where it went down. But it’s become an absolute family favorite so most of the kids are mostly willing to wait whatever it takes.

But as much as I want to pay for it, my banking account (and other vacation aspirations, like eventually getting back to WDW and a cruise) don’t necessarily agree.

2 Likes

I get that too…got two in high school and one about to go to college next year. Giving him a car as a graduation present…Also there’s a bunch of After hours events just got dropped calling my name…but I also HATE lines. so I can eat beans for a week to avoid lines. LOL
Seriously this would just be two people so $30 is fine with me for a ride but when we were 9 I totally wouldn’t have.

2 Likes

Yes, if it were a partial family trip that would make it SO much easier to justify the cost.

3 Likes

Ugh I need Friday:

but if anyone needs Thurs…

2 Likes