Disneyland cancels reservations thru Aug. 22

It’s just a RUMOR, so I didn’t want to start a new thread & have people get worked up about it…

BlogMickey is reporting that “their internal sources” are targeting a Sept. 28th Disneyland reopening.

It’s all still dependent on OC continuing to reduce cases by another 1/3 and LA County by 1/2, though as according to the guidelines recently released by the Governor. (not sure that’s a feasible timeline though!)

3 Likes

The governor recently sat down with DLR execs for a meeting about reopening. I have not heard any specifics on how that went, but your “rumor” may be a result of that meeting.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be the first time the Governor has given Disney an exception to COVID guidelines, so that Sept date could be possible.

2 Likes

The Pixar Pal-A-Round was spotted in motion this morning

https://twitter.com/i/status/1300507692021084162

AND

Two horses were spotted being lead near the Matterhorn by individuals wearing safety vests. It is not Anaheim PD, one guy looks like he is wearing a white short sleeve t-shirt

2 Likes

Out of sheer boredom today I tried to book a “Good Neighbor” hotel through the DLR website for November. After making it as far as the letter “J” with zero success I decided to see if I could book directly with any hotel. This worked almost instantly with some pretty decent rates on rooms. ($100 - $125 at popular / “nice” S. Harbor hotels.)

You can easily book GCH & PPH and even DLR (which is supposedly going to be closed for remodeling for a while) through the Disney website though

I wonder why they aren’t / can’t provide “Good Neighbor” rates?

2 Likes

Maybe they’re being cautious not to give the impression that the parks will be open since it’s still so up in the air - rather let the hotels themselves handle breaking the news to their customers directly? For Disney’s hotels, 100% of their customers are basically parks guests. The other hotels might prefer to book with guests in town for other reasons, and do so directly rather than through Disney.

It doesn’t make a ton of sense, but I’m just brainstorming some possible explanations.

2 Likes

Disneyland has begun sending out emails to guests with reservations booked through October 3rd , asking them to cancel or modify their reservation.

So… that rumored Sept 28th reopening date isn’t happening

1 Like

For all DLR hotels or is it just for the DLH?

All the hotels…

Looks like I have one week before my reservation either gets confirmed or cancelled …

1 Like

Oh man, it doesn’t look good. :cry:

1 Like

Darn! I was hoping it was just DLH.

2 Likes

Obviously, it’s no surprise at this point… DLR is cancelling hotel reservations through Oct. 24th

1 Like

Annnndddd now they are cancelled through all of October! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Like clockwork.

My latest reservation is for the first week of December. Not feeling super optimistic about it at this point.

2 Likes

I’m just frustrated that we have money tied up in tickets. Would love to have that back if they are not going to open any time soon! Unfortunately, I bought them through aRes Travel and they would not refund me when i asked about it in June. They said I had 30 days from purchase … which was prior to the closure. :smirk:

1 Like

Uggghhh… that’s rough. I’d try again anyway. Ask for a manager or something like that. Advise them how much you like their service, but won’t do it again / will spread it all over social media if they can’t be more accommodating. In the long run, a small refund is better to keep you as a client & a negative review.

3 Likes

I haven’t posted the recent “Hotel Reservations Cancelled through XXXX” dates. It’s until the end of 2020 these days.

As of today, there are no new hotel reservations being accepted at all.

I got the email yesterday - my December trip is officially cancelled. I’ve known this for weeks, of course, but you always have hope until that email arrives.

Not sure when I’ll reschedule to this time … maybe I’ll just wait until they have an opening date. But I have to move my flight to actual dates so I may go for April. Wish I had any hope for earlier, but more likely it will be summer at the earliest.

1 Like

I got my final deposit back from my last “back-up” trip this week. Since I can’t place a new reservation at Disneyland, I went ahead & put that $200 on a 2021 WDW trip. (I still want to do DLR next year, but this is just my placeholder for those funds. Plus, it’s “fun” to do my Park Reservations for those dates!)

2 Likes