Disneyland cancels reservations thru Aug. 22

Just got back from a trip to wdw about 10 days ago. I felt pretty safe and I think they were doing a fantastic job with all the safety precautions. It has also been reported that their have been no known outbreaks associated with any of the theme parks in Fl. I am so ready for DL to follow suit.

2 Likes

Me too, at this point there is no reason DL cannot be opened safely. If Florida can do it, any state can! But politics I guessā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the central valley, and we still canā€™t get a haircut!! itā€™s insane

1 Like

That is insane. How is getting a haircut more risky than going to Target or Walmart?

1 Like

I think itā€™s about how much time the customer and stylist are spending quite close together. It seems like if both parties are masked, though, it should be okay.

2 Likes

Yes, if the masks work, then all should be fine. We spend hours (4 usually) up in our patientā€™s faces while they are in labor, them in a mask and us too while waiting for their Covid test to come back. They huff and puff and are generally very vocal. If that is safe, a haircut should be 100 percent safe if masks are on both. We have had zero cases of transmission to healthcare providers on our unit, despite not knowing the patients were positive until 4 hours later. The masks work! There is no reason all businesses cannot open at this point with strict masking and social distancing, if we healthcare providers can stay healthy with potentially positive patients (we do NOT wear N95s until a positive test is confirmed), and no social distancing in labor & delivery. This is just one of the many examples of why Covid has become so polarized and political.

7 Likes

I forgot you were from the Central Valley too!

1 Like

yep, isnā€™t the air just lovely right now :broken_heart:

It is! Just the way I like it, chewy! I am still recovering from C-19, so I am not spending much time out of the house. We just DS15 that he couldnā€™t go to the driving range because of the air.

2 Likes

Sadly, though, people canā€™t be trusted to use them. So, these businesses have to stay closed because too many people will just refuse to wear them if they donā€™t ā€œhave toā€. Iā€™ve personally witnesses this here in TN as weā€™ve gone back & forth from phases 1 - 3 over & over allowing businesses to open and then have to reclose as spikes keep happeningā€¦ :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Howā€™s that coming, by the way? Do you consider yourself a ā€œlong-haulerā€? Or is it just mild but persistent symptoms?

1 Like

Not quit sure what would constitute a long hauler, but maybe my recovery would fall into that category. I would say I have moderate, but persistent symptoms. I do know that it is taking me far longer than I would have ever imagined to recover from this. My actual Covid-19 case itself was moderate in symptoms and never felt like i needed to go to the hospital. So I guess I expected that my recovery would follow suite, but so far I have been wrong. I feel winded and no energy after expending minimal effort. Just siting here at the computer is exhausting me. The rest of my family who also had it, is fine (thank goodness) and were fine within days. I am already over a month since my first symptoms showed up.

1 Like

A friend of mine is presumed to have had COVID-19 (she did not qualify for testing back in April) and had a very similar experience. She had mild symptoms and never felt like she needed the hospital or even a doctor. But the symptoms persisted (off and on) for a long time. Maybe close to 3 months? She would feel fine for a week and then have a fever and exhaustion for a couple of days. Needed lots of naps. It was good she was working from home. She could stop and rest and then work in the evening to make up for it. Further complicating her situation is the fact that a year ago or so, she and her daughters all had mono and she heard that COVID could re-trigger the mono. Crazy viruses!

I hope your road is not three months long! But at least know that at some point those symptoms will eventually go away!

2 Likes

That is comforting! Thank you. It is comforting to know I am not the only one that has experienced this and to know that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. I also am able to work from home, however, my doctor took me off work until October 1, so at least I am not having to juggle that into my recovery.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh! For some reason, it never occurred to me that women in labor would be wearing masks. I cannot imagine going through that while wearing a mask! Bless those women. (And you for dealing with them! :smile:)

1 Like

Yes, they must keep their mask on until the test comes back. It is very hard for them. Also, our hospital is running out of reagent, so our turn around time is about to become days instead of hours as the tests will now be shipped out. This may be part of the reason the CDC has changed guidelines. We, as healthcare providers, are putting our lives at risk to take care of these patientsā€¦but there are so many tests being done on people who ā€œjust want to knowā€ if they have it, that those who really need it (like hospitalized patients) are not going to have it back in timely fashion.

So this came out todayā€¦

Josh Dā€™Amaro, the chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products recently talked with Roger Dow, president and CEO of the U.S. Travel Association about Disneyā€™s approach to reopening its theme parks.

Although no new reopening date for Disneyland has been set, Disney is waiting for California to give the go-ahead.

ā€œWe donā€™t have any California guidelines for opening, Dā€™Amaro said. ā€œAs soon as a date and those guidelines are set, I can tell you, weā€™re ready.ā€

3 Likes

It is also been suggested that the CA Gov alluded that he would be revising/lessening the phase requirements for some businesses to reopen. This may be a good sign for DLR!

3 Likes

What Iā€™m noticing here in Washington, is that while weā€™re on a ā€œpauseā€ in the reopening process, guidelines are coming out for certain types of businesses and more things are opening. Our community center (I work for a City) is opening on September 1, for instance! It isnā€™t always front and center in the news, but I do feel like the State Dept. of Health is taking on the new information thatā€™s coming out and figuring out how to open more things. I know Washington, Oregon and California are working together somewhat, even while making their own decisions. I think, though, that youā€™re right. I think it helps for them to see whatā€™s happening at WDW in Florida too. That you can have people distancing and wearing masks and make it work.

1 Like

Oh please oh please oh please!!! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like