Disneybounding 2019

Probably need to keep the hair out of the knobs and buns, then. :grin:

1 Like

We’re going for more like a suggestion of the characters clothes and hair without being too exact. A brown hoodie sweatshirt, layered gray and green clothes, a neutral colored ruched top with a high collared jacket, and a white hoodie sweatshirt. I’ll mostly do our hair the same way we did for the full blown Halloween costumes, which was enough for people to get the idea.

1 Like

7 Likes

Yes to colors. But also accessories, such as apple earrings for snow white. Doing a search for Disney bounding provides a lot of great ideas.

Apparently Moana is quite popular and easy. Especially for Disney in warmer months.

2 Likes

I have accepted that I will wear sneakers with my dress. There are people all over the parks wearing crocs and all kinds of comfort-first shoes. I do have a cute pair of Keen sneakers and some red Camper mary janes that are better than full-on athletic shoes, but on the long days I’ll be in my trainers. :woman_shrugging:

DD and I are doing a few in December. I’ve got a royal blue skirt. With black tank & pink scarf: Anna. With white top and a bow in my hair: Belle. With blue top, red belt, gold scarf: Genie. DD10 has some purple jeggings with a mauve top, and flowers for her hair: Rapunzel. Mint leggings, mint hoodie, black skirt, and a bazillion barrettes: Vanellope. That one’s especially good because her name is Penelope.

We’re also doing the whole family for SWGE one day. DH has beige shorts, orange tee, I’m still trying to figure out some kind of accessory to drive it home (ideas anyone?): Luke as Rebel pilot. I’ll have blue & white striped shirt, white pants, clunky silver necklace: R2D2. DD10 called Rey and will be wearing leggings, tunic, and a drapey vest thing (which I still have to sew) with a belt over top. DS8 isn’t really into it and will be wearing lots of black with a little red, as Darth Vader. Or maybe Kylo Ren. Whatever he wants to go with. LOL

camper%20MJ keen%20sneaks

4 Likes

I gave up on wearing a dress this time. I’ve chosen a few days to lightly DB in December and I’m wearing pants (with sneakers).

• DB Day 1 - Snow White-ish navy blue sweater with elbow length sleeves and white collar/cuffs. Apple pins for the collar. Need to get a red scarf for my hair still.
  • DB Day 2 - Mary Blair sweater pin set, jay blue sweater.
  • DB Day 3 - Ellie like plaid shirt, more pins (are you sensing my theme? Put a pin on it!).
  • DB Day 4 - Sorcerer Mickey - just a navy blue shirt with stars and a scarf with stars. Stars!
  • DB Day 5 - repurpose Day 1 sweater with a red bowtie as Mary Poppins.
3 Likes

It’s so much fun!!! When are you there? We’re Dec 15-21.

2 Likes

We’re there Dec 13-21. I’ll keep an eye out for you!

3 Likes

I hope you post pics! Those sound very fun, especially the sorcerer Mickey star scarf.

1 Like

Inspired by your ‘put a pin on it’ theme, I stitched up some little characters (and a book) for Rapunzel, Aladdin, and Belle. They turned out really cute!

7 Likes

Adorable!

1 Like

I really wanted to disney bound for our trip in January, but I also really wanted to make themed ears, and themed ears won out.

2 Likes

Next time, just don’t choose. Do all the things. nods sagely

4 Likes

I run out of time more than anything else…

2 Likes

Bounding today!

12 Likes

Did you get comments from folks?
You all look great!

1 Like

So true! They look even better in situ! I’m very fond of Jyn Erso- Rogue One just gets better every time I watch it.

Especially love the little details of the fingerless gloves & the half-pulled back hair.

3 Likes

DD9 (Leia) got the most attention. She had Rey, Chewie, and Stormtroopers all stop to talk to her.

3 Likes

You may have mentioned, but Is DH Chewie or Obi-Wan? I kind of love having to guess. I think I like Disney bounding for that reason. I’m way too focused on realism in my costumes, the subtle hints are harder, I think!

Obi Wan. Update: DD12 (Rey) just got a picture with Rey who told her that she liked her hair. :grin:

2 Likes