Disneybounding 2019

I swear there was another thread where a few us were discussing Disneybounding but I can’t find it in my history…but this thread is even better and I hope we get more people sharing their DB pics!

Today is my birthday (heeeeyyyyy 50, nice to meet ya!) and we had a party last night that happened to be the group of 6 that is going to WDW in December. I had mentioned in that other thread that I really, really wanted us to bound as a group for our first visit to SWGE but was nervous that the idea may not be well received by the entire party. So I brought it up last night for the first time and…

EVERYONE IS FULLY AND ENTHUSIASTICALLY ON BOARD!!!

In fact, everyone was excited to Disneybound for the entire trip, which blew my mind! My younger DS and his GF were deep in discussion about what in their wardrobes would already work, and it turns out that my older DS’s GF (her first trip with us and her first trip ever to WDW although she grew up going to DLR) is an avid DBer and already has several outfits.

So now I have even more serious planning (and shopping) to do! So please share your DB pics if you have them!

5 Likes

Eee! That’s wonderful and I can’t wait to see your pictures.

1 Like

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Yes! I got so excited about your family’s Disneybounding enthusiasm that I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! I hope your fifties are fully fantastic.

1 Like

Happy birthday!!! And Yay!

DD15 continues to assemble pieces for our bounding though her siblings still don’t even know we are going.

I got this for DD6 to be Pluto.

I think it’s perfect!!

3 Likes

O.M.G. that is brilliant! I love it and now I want to find a pluto colored jumpsuit for myself! LOL What other ideas have you come up with so far? I am really resisting the urge to buy new everything RIGHT NOW which would be most foolish because my literal job is reselling clothes online and I basically live in thrift stores. However, I’m an awkward size (very tall and very plus size) so I don’t often find things that work for me – but it does happen, so I’m going to be patient.

So for now I’m on the look out for things to complete an Ursula DB outfit (couple of ways to go for this, but most likely will go with a black shrug (have) over a lavender top (need) with flowy black pants (have) and will make the necklace); Orange Bird (I have nothing, but am thinking an orange top, yellow pants or skirt, green shrug or scarf, and green bandana in hair); and of course the SW one, which so far has the aforementioned flowy black pants and ideally will also have a beige flowy tunic with a black flowy tunic/maxi length vest/caftan and gauzy arm wraps/belt a la Rey. Boy, that sounds like a mess but in my head, I know what I’m going for. Basically I could live on Tatooine. LOL

Now I reallyreallyreally want to do Pluto, too, and I know my kids will expect me to do Donald.

Thanks everyone!!

2 Likes

So far:

One day Fab Five.
Me as Mickey. I found some red pants with buttons on them at Marshall’s. I am having trouble with finding a white shirt that isn’t see through. I may use a black and white shirt. I have a black flowy shrug I may or may not wear. I need a small yellow neckerchief. I’d like see through/gauzy material.

No shoes yet. Would like yellow keds/converse.

DD13 will be Minnie. She has a red dress with white polka dots. Capri leggings and black converse.

DD15 will be goofy. Blue capris, a sweet orange top and a black vest. Need black vest. Needs brown shoes.

DD9 will be Donald. I haven’t pinned this down yet. Hoping for a white skirt and blue top, but ??? A sailors hat maybe?? Probably can’t find one like his normal one.

DD6 Pluto. The outfit above and a green sash or belt. I’d like a dog bone barrette for her hair.

2 Likes

Other plan is for Pooh guys

DD15 Pooh. Yellow denim capris. Red top (need). Looking for bee jewelry. Same brown shoes.

DD9 Piglet two tone pink swing dress with pink leggings. Green sash maybe? Maybe green headband.

DD13 Tigger - nothing yet. I will wait until after they know about the trip and encourage her to be part of planning that costume.

DD6 Eeyore this shirt with blue leggings that have pink bows at the ankles. I’d like a cloud barrette if I can find one.

Me Rabbit. These with a long white tank to peek out under shirt. The shirt is a little bit too big on me. I am keeping my eyes open for a different one. I hope to wear the same yellow shoes for both outfits.

I think I want a floral purse and some floral jewelry. Otherwise, orange earrings and an orange necklace.

3 Likes

Hmmm…Maybe a blue headband with a tuft of white mesh and a yellow/blue bow? Or just the bow if she’d prefer no headband.

Those pants are beyond fabulous!!! I think a black and white striped top with the yellow neckerchief would look adorable and have some great flair!!

Your ideas are great!!! I love all of them!

Tigger saw us first and went wild. Pooh’s handler then started digging us. It was great.
We had to wait for them to take a break but then we were the last fam before the next break and they played with us a bit.

18 Likes

Some days I’m just clueless, and this is one of those days. Because this must take some secret ultra insider Disneyvision that I just don’t have.:upside_down_face: What’s bounding?

The only kind of bounding I remotely understand is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6KSZTf9MsY

But you’re a very cute family! I bet Pooh was happy to be surrounded by by such a bunch of lovelies, too, bounding or no bounding.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing, but now I’m thinking it’s wearing colors to match the colors of the characters (or something like that).

3 Likes

I’ve heard it explained that it’s what characters would wear if they were humans… but sometimes people bound princesses. Saw lots today!

1 Like

Okay, that makes sense to me. I know that adults aren’t allowed to wear costumes. This might be a way to be able to do that a little bit? I am a big costume fan myself.

That’s one reason I’m hoping to stay at the new Star Wars hotel. I would love to play a character for a whole day!

1 Like

Oooohhhhh- okay. Very imaginative. Love it!

I know you have better things to do than answer questions right now :laughing: but do you know why it’s called “bounding”?

Darn, I wish I’d known about this before we went. I’d have had a great time with it, or at least had fun watching out for others who were doing it. But you really have to know what’s going on to see it.

1 Like

I heard about it years ago. No idea on the name. It required a bit more effort than I actually enjoyed for our group to match.

Doing fab five on Epcot day.

3 Likes

It started on tumblr and the girl who started it’s tumblr was disneybound, so the name came from there.

4 Likes

We’re going to Disneybound Obi Wan, Jyn Erso, Rey, and Leia. I’m waiting for some pieces to be delivered, but I’ll post a pic when we try it all on.

4 Likes

I was wondering about this. My Rey costumes have always been from actual real clothes from. my closet, except for the props. In LaCava I posted my Halloween costume from this year- except for the sleeves and lightsaber, it’s just stuff I had.

At what point does one cross the line with the bounding outfits, I wonder?

When someone might actually confuse you for an employee… :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes