Disney+

I can’t wait to watch the Imagineering show and DH is beyond excited to watch the Mandalorian. Can’t wait to get off work to start watching!!

2 Likes

you know what I hope they add? The old Wonderful World of Disney/World of Color episodes. Especially the holiday ones.

I always loved the one Halloween one with Jonathan Winters.

10 Likes

Star Wars Christmas Special is also absent…

5 Likes

hehehh Ohhhh I’m sure that’s more of a mercy than a “missing feature” :wink:

2 Likes

When I was little my parents added the “Disney Channel” to their TV package. Everyday after school (when I was supposed to be completing my chores and homework before my parents came home from work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) we’d race off the bus and to the house to catch the Mickey Mouse Club (both the Annette Funicello and Justin Timberlake versions) and all of the classic Sensational Six cartoons and more. This is where my love for all things Disney was born! So I’m waxing nostalgic at all of the classics, out of the vault, and classic cartoon options there are. I’ve spent a great deal of time trying to hunt down some of the more obscure movies I remember watching on this channel (such as Mr. Topper Returns, Mr. Boogedy, The Halloween That Almost Wasn’t, the Disney Halloween and Christmas specials, etc.) so I was thrilled when the Norwegian watch list was posted and Mr. Boogedy was on it! Now if the app would just work itself out so I can get busy watching. I’ve already told DD that the sooner we can finish our homeschool work for the day, the sooner we can start watching! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I remember when we got the Disney Channel on one of those free promos and I was glued to the tv non-stop! I remember some documentary and nature shows? The old b&w Mickey cartoons were great and I also loved Dumbo’s circus!

4 Likes

I never made it past “meh”. Now that it’s “free” on Disney+ I may have to try it again.

2 Likes

I forgot about Dumbo’s Circus! Which also reminded me of Welcome to Pooh Corner! :blush:

1 Like

Still have the theme song stuck in my head.

2 Likes

By the time the Disney Channel came out I was an adult with no kids, so virtually all of these references are lost on me (except the Mickey Mouse Club).

3 Likes

Verizon has a free year for unlimited data customers. I am currently not one, but I have planned on upgrading to an iPhone 11 and changing my data plan on Thursday, so I’ll be able to “join the club” later in the week. Maybe the access issues will be solved by then.

3 Likes

Aww, man. They only have Season 1 of Spin and Marty!

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many users can be watching at the same time?

1 Like

Disney+ allows seven user profiles per account, with the ability to stream on four devices concurrently and unlimited downloads for offline viewing.

5 Likes

I was going to wait till tonight to watch The Mandalorian but I couldn’t wait, so my wife and I watched the first episode this morning before I left for work! It is so good! I think fans of any generation will be pleased.

I started adding films and TV shows from all generations to my watch list. There are so many! Davy Crockett, Babes in Toyland, One Magic Christmas, Duck Tales, High School Musical … we’re going to be busy for a while!

3 Likes

I keep having issues with my watchlist. It’ll show me a list full of things I did not put on it, or nothing at all. Sometimes it will show my list for a split second before showing a different list. Usually a couple of refreshes fixes it. I watched a mess of Pixar shorts last night, and I have a giant watchlist to get through.

1 Like

Downloaded to iPhones, iPads and Xbox and haven’t had any trouble streaming today, although that was early early in the morning.

It’s nice to be able to put a streaming channel on the kids’ devices and not have to worry about the content.

1 Like

So for watching on the TV, is the Roku, Chromecast or the Apple TV the better way to go?

1 Like

Out of those three, I’ll take the Roku, but I found the Amazon Fire TV stick the best in that category.

1 Like

We were up at 2am (Mountain Time) working to get it on our Samsung Smart TV. Finally gave up and stole the PS4 from the kids’s setup upstairs and got it all loaded for the kids to watch something to kick it off for us to all watch something before getting the older 2 ready for school. We decided that we would watch Steamboat Willie first to be symbolic christening and then while they got ready for school would have our family favorite movie Wreck it Ralph playing.

Woke them up 30 min. early and good thing too, because we had all sorts of connection issues at first. We did get Steamboat Willie going finally and Wreck It Ralph as well but they didn’t get to watch as much of that before we had to whisk them off to school & more than once we joked that they didn’t look like they were feeling so good and maybe should take a sick day :laughing:.

Right now the husband and I are working from home, the 2 yr old has the run of Disney+. So far he has picked Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3 (what we normally watch on a work from home day but with the bonus that I don’t have to get up to change the disc in the DVD player!!!).

We promised the older kids we would save a lot of the new to us content that we have been talking up to them for when they get home so we have to stick to movies we already have DVDs of but may try to negotiate with the toddler to allow us one episode of the Mandolorian (to scope out ahead of time to make sure DS8 can watch- DD6 is almost guaranteed to have zero interest).

UPDATE: Toddler won on the negotiations about what’s next and we’re watching another one of his favorites- Little Mermaid.

4 Likes