Disney World With Others. Oh, My! (A Trip Report)

Hey there, favorite friends!
I have never visited WDW with anyone other than a spouse. (There’s a slight exception I will explain later.) Let’s just say I have never purposefully visited WDW with anyone else. It’s either the spouse, or me alone. That’s how I have rolled -because that’s the way I like it. Uh huh, uh huh.

Then a few months back my sister asked if I wanted to tag along with her gang to take her 2YO granddaughter for her birthday. I said yes - as long as I could crash at their place AND help plan the trip. That last part is important because my sister plans nothing - most of the time. Hell, this trip was formed because Mom of the 2YO told her how she was saving to take the baby to WDW. And my sister pretty much said on the spot “Let’s go!” Without a clue on how much things have changed since 2020, when her and daughter decided to SURPRISE me during my second solo trip. :grimacing:

The Players:
Sister (55)
Niece ((22)
Baby (2)
Baby’s Mom (20 - will turn 21 this trip)
Me (Y’all already know)
The Diva (Miss Piggy)
This is officially a GIRLS TRIP!!!

The Diva Prepares For Departure

37 Likes

17 Likes

25 Likes

Can’t wait to hear all about the trip.

3 Likes

I’m jealous of Miss Piggy’s wardrobe.

9 Likes

Her handbag collection alone is drool worthy! Can’t wait to follow along .

6 Likes

OMG this Miss Piggy thing is incredible. :joy:

Excited to follow along!

6 Likes

This is awesome! I love the fringed purse. Can’t wait to see what Miss P gets up to!

2 Likes

You are so adorable. That is all.

7 Likes

Yay!! Have the best trip.

2 Likes

Where to stay for a party of 5? I asked you dear friends and she narrowed down to a one bedroom at AKL Kidani Village. I literally had to give her options via PowerPoint, which she appreciated.
However, she also complained about the pricing. @Jeff_AZ suggested a DVC rental, which was a wise choice, but I am telling you - she doesn’t have the patience to manage. Funny thing - when they surprised me that trip they stayed at CO, so so was surprised she scoffed at pricing. ( Covid has changed people.) :laughing:

12 Likes

I knew right away I wanted to get us reservations for CRT and ‘Ohana. And Sister wanted to go to the place where she “Had the goat cheese ravioli” - Cali Grill. I took time off work to get these reservations. CRT was the hardest and we ended up getting it, but not the day we wanted. Therefore, our HS day will be messed up because we had to make a park reservation at MK then will hop to HS. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

They arrived a day ahead - yesterday. The entire planning process I could tell they were becoming a bit afraid of me - the crazy Disney lady. I simply tried to help them understand BG’s, VQ’s, ILL’s, Genie+, rope drop, and how much more complicated WDW is since their visit in 2020. (I still get confused and lucky to have you guys.)

Their memory of when they invaded my trip is how I bossed them around. Ummmm, no.
They were uninvited and showed up without a plan. I was simply trying to help because they kept complaining about getting up early and standing in lines … The niece sent me a sarcastic text yesterday asking if she could take a nap.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

They arrived to the World without a hitch. Baby did great on the plane. I set up their Mears/Sunshine Flyer shuttle that they arrived to with no problem. I made the decision to book them an ADR at Sanaa, which according to the Sister’s FB post - they loved.

21 Likes

She is gorgeous! Happy Birthday little one! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Making my way to the Indy airport.
Anyone want to guess who my shuttle driver is?
:grimacing::joy:

13 Likes

First name rhymes with Andy …

3 Likes

Is this still available? I thought that was off the menu :grimacing:

2 Likes

Road Rage Randy?

6 Likes

I was able to secure BG’s for Guardians from the shuttle. Sister was grateful. Shortly after, I found out they were still in the room, so I talked her into buying Genie+. ($86) I feel bad about it now because EPCOT is stupid when it comes to Genie. Perhaps I can convince them to hop to MK when I get there. I bet they still haven’t left the room …

7 Likes

I have no idea. Oh, no!

3 Likes