Disney World SW:GE Oga's Cantina Reservations open

i am totally failing but i’ll keep trying on Savi’s but a question: is Savi’s for the droid build too or is that separate? i didn’t see a link for the droid build reservation just Savi light saber. thx for any help!!!

Savi’s is the light sabre. The Droid workshop is separate.

1 Like

Boo.

1 Like

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere!

If we book these things does it effectively mean we are “guaranteed” to get into SWGE? In the same way that an ADR “guarantees” you to get into a park despite capacity restrictions.

2 Likes

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/droid-depot/ Droids
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/hollywood-studios/savis-workshop-handbuilt-lightsabers/ Lightsabers

2 Likes

In Disneyland, they announced that anyone with a reservation was guaranteed entry even if the land was at capacity. (This situation never arose, however because the land was only at capacity on one day and there were no reservations at that time, IIRC. Edit: Actually, the 7am day of reservations were implemented on opening day, so this situation came up exactly once.) I assume the same will be true of WDW.

3 Likes

I was blindsided when I got the notification that these reservations were open. Was this expected? I had no idea.

I booked Savi’s Workshop partly because I assume they’re not going to say to me “No, you may not enter SWGE to spend $200 on a 20 minute souvenir experience.”

1 Like

No, it wasn’t expected as far as I know!

Didn’t even know they opened these up until I saw this thread just now. But when trying to log in to make regular reservations, the page won’t even load - now I know why!!!

I’m really sorry you’re having so much trouble. I had a lot of trouble with the website today too. It crashed about a dozen times before I was done (“somebody ate the page”).

I know others probably asked this already, but does anyone know what happens if you have an Oga’s reservation? Do they let you into SWGE b/c you have that res? Going during a high crowd time and wondering if we’ll have to pay the cancellation fee if we can’t get into the land…I’m hoping there will be a separate line for Oga’s res people…

Yes, they will let you in. They’ll account for the reservations when working out when the Land is at capacity.

But probably only a certain amount of time before your reservation, like 30 minutes (a bit like when TSL opened and people had an FP). And probably only for those listed on the reservation (or the number of people allowed for the light sabre or droid building).

I wonder if then once you are finished with Oga’s you will be able to still walk around and enjoy the rest of Galaxy’s Edge. I’m hoping my 9:50am Oga’s rezzie will mean we can do some other things at HS first, enter GE shortly prior to the rezzie, and when finished head over to the Millennium Falcon line.

1 Like

Was able to force a reservation through the app for January! Woot! But I have to say: I find it rather cruel on their part that you can’t have another dinner within an hour of your reservation time at Oga’s when at least, according to the current online menu, they only serve oatmeal and cake and drinks and plan to limit your time in the cantina to 45 minutes. What if I only want a drink and to stay 30 minutes before getting - you know - actual food somewhere?!?!

1 Like

Yes, I don’t think they will kick you out of SWGE after you are in if the land reaches capacity. They just won’t let anyone else in.

1 Like

This ^^^

Once you’re in, you can stay there.

Always assuming things work as they do in DL, which I think is likely.

1 Like

Website is in the holding pattern for me, and the app tells me they are only doing dining reservations via the website for the time being!

I finally managed to get Oga’s Check Availability section to show up (after switching to Chrome and US English – before that it showed the calendar but if you clicked a date it just showed the opening hours below it, not the drop down boxes to select a time to check) but there’s nothing available either August 29th or 30th with my account or my new dummy account. I slightly wonder if the Chrome/US English switch would have got me a reservation when I first tried, but that way madness lies. I’lll wait until TP’s reservation finder has Oga’s as an option to keep trying, and in the mean time stick with our plan of getting there around 4:30am August 29th to RD (i.e. also madness, but under my control madness.)

Given that we thought this was a before-Star Wars-opens trip when we booked it anything we do get to experience is gravy, right? But now I’m wondering about heading to LA (where we have relatives) for the kids’ March break and spending a day or 3 at DLR/DCA and getting to do both rides.

When will Oga’s be available to select on the WDW Reservation Finder tool?