Disney World SW:GE Oga's Cantina Reservations open

Just got the droid thing too. yeah

UPDATE: I logged in with our dummy account that we use for Memory Maker share (under my sister-in-lawā€™s name), and I was able to make a Droid Depot reservation for my two kids. They definitely have a bug thatā€™s excluding people with resort reservations during their stay.

1 Like

Every post to this thread increases my rage.

Why is it always my account that doesnā€™t work. Why am I always the one who canā€™t book things.

Honest to God I loathe Disney so hard right now. I canā€™t cancel my December trip because Iā€™m in too deep, but next summer is looking ever more unlikely. These incompetents donā€™t deserve my business.

I was able to do it no problem with a resort reservationā€¦but that was a couple of hours ago, so maybe it is growing buggier as they try and fix things.

It may not affect everyone, but it definitely affected me and @jmenning. The fact that I was able to make a res with my dummy account seems to prove that itā€™s something to do with my other reservations or my account and my husbandā€™s account.

1 Like

Ogaā€™s had coffee and espresso on their breakfast menu!

Same. Created a dummy account and went through immediately.

1 Like

FYI, I seem to be having better luck for Opaā€™s on the app than on the website. It SAYS ā€œdue to high demand use Disney.comā€ but if you click through until you get to the restaurant, you actually CAN search times and reserve.

I have not tried to reserve for Saviā€™s or Droid so not sure if it would be the same for those.

1 Like

I have resort reservations and was able to book Ogaā€™s during my stay.

OK, news update.

Inspired by someone on this thread, I tried booking using my dogā€™s MDE. (Yes, my dog has an MDE account because when I tried to book the MVMCP dessert party and the Tonyā€™s parade package, they overlapped in time so the system wouldnā€™t let me.)

That went through no problem. He now has a reservation at Saviā€™s Workshop.

9 Likes

On the app it isnā€™t showing me the Reservation icon, the way it is if I click through to Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater instead.

It seems like Disney IT hates some of us more than it hates others. @jmenning, you have the reservations now? Maybe Iā€™ll create a dummy account and try to make Ogaā€™s reservations with it. @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, I hope your dog has an amazing time in Galaxyā€™s Edge.

So is your dog going to take you and your family on vacation now.

Iā€™m sorry. I have 7:10 reservations at Ogaā€™s on 12/18. It seems like the party that was joining us wonā€™t be able to make it. Youā€™re welcome to meet us for some drinks if that date works for you.

3 Likes

For those wondering about the check in time issue watch the beginning of this Touring Plan YouTube video about @len building his light saber at DL. I imagine it will be similar if not exact same experience.

1 Like

This was my experience too. Website crashed, phones were tied up with wait time over an hour. Tried the app again and ignored the redirect to the website and it worked.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a reservation at Ogaā€™s Cantina now, too. This is in my own name.

Safari wouldnā€™t load available times at all. I ended up using Chrome and changing the language to US English.

Incidentally, for both Saviā€™s and Ogaā€™s, once Iā€™d entered all my details and got to the final stage (something I couldnā€™t do with Saviā€™s on my own MDE) I got an error when I clicked ā€œconfirmā€ or ā€œreserveā€ or whatever. More than once. But I just kept re-clicking. Eventually they both went through and I got confirmation numbers.

Presumably Iā€™m now ā€œguaranteedā€ entry into SWGE if I have actual reservations there?

1 Like

Iā€™m a little unclearā€¦was the 8am reservation they referenced for the land or for Saviā€™s?

@Steenaca, yes, the dummy account did the trick. As the rez isnā€™t tied to a ticket or magicband it shouldnā€™t matter.

1 Like

After watching it again, this was the second day SWGE was open at DL.

It is a different type of wait.

There were no reservations for Saviā€™s at that time. The 8 AM reservation was to get into the land. Then they went straight to Saviā€™s and got into line.

WDW wants guests to get there early so you can select your lightsaber and pay for it well ahead of you actually going into the workshop to build your lightsaber. I imagine that will hold true for the Droid Depot as well.

1 Like

I manage to log on early and snagged a 9:05 Ogaā€™s followed by a 10:30 Savis for Sept 7. I feel like real liner.

1 Like