Disney Treasure: HAUNTED MANSION BAR!

My problem with cruising locations is I don’t really feel I’ve visited those places like a land trip. So I cruise for the ship, and for the excursions even or beach time but not to actually see a country. I just don’t feel like a few hours cuts it. :frowning:

I agree. It’s more of a “flavor of” the area. And I’d like to immerse myself in it for week or so

1 Like

This is what I like about it so much. There are so many countries and cities to see. I can’t possibly see them all in my lifetime (especially when I keep going back to Disney) But, this way I get to see parts of so many places.

Then, if someone decides to fund my travels full time someday, I know the places I want to explore more…and the places I do not need to see again.

3 Likes

Yeah I can see that like for me Jamaica is a no because of my cruise experience. Whereas I’d go back to the Cayman islands and Cozumel.

3 Likes

That’s very true

That said I fell in LOVE with St Lucia on a cruise and have never yet made it back :frowning:

3 Likes

Very high on my bucket list. It was between that and Greece for honeymoon number 1 and I went Greece but then for honeymoon 2 I had to seriously top honeymoon 1 cuz it was so fab but the guy not so much… so I straight skipped it for French Polynesia but I’ve always wanted to go but I know I want to stay. I want to do the street party.

1 Like

Because you a) still do the Disney and b) don’t have one of those full-time funders that @StinsyLinson is so wisely talking about. But it can be on your list for if and when that funding donor appears.

2 Likes

It’s true. I do.

I can’t quit my true love.

I have to make room for other things but it will be my #1 for as long as I can see

2 Likes

Room for other things is good. It is definitely my #1 too making too many other things very, very hard.

2 Likes

Enter: Travel Work

After discovering that it wasn’t so hard to save for Africa (@ScottFL ) I have inspired myself to save for other wild and exotic adventures - and plan to! Next: Bali!

5 Likes

I am seriously gonna just start following you.

2 Likes

:laughing:

This is true too. I don’t think it’s all about the ports but I also want to step foot in a new place and get a taste of the culture.
Unless it’s Cozumel. Then a day at Mr
Sanchos is the only way to go :rofl:

2 Likes

My parents just got back from a month long trip in Italy - Milan, Barolo, Turin, Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Florence… they had the most amazing food, wine and I am so incredibly jealous and trying to figure out just how many more years I have until retirement (FAR TOO MANY!).

I can’t wait to hear about all of the things that you will be planning for this trip and I hope you share with us!

2 Likes

Def do the Amalfi Coast! Swoon. Okay everywhere we went in Italy was wonderful! I’m ready to go back and explore more cities and hang out in the countryside.

2 Likes

Agree. I went at 15yo. Milan → Venice → Florence → Assissi → Rome → Sorrento and by far and away my two favorite places were Sorrento which is near that Amalfi Coast and Assissi in Umbria.

2 Likes

Oh yes Sorrento was lovely!

This looks amazing! I can only imagine how many small details will be in there. I love scouring for the little things.

1 Like