Disney Treasure: HAUNTED MANSION BAR!

Soooo stoopid. For years I never did more than a day, 2 at most bordering weekends/breaks. And then after Covid, I stopped caring. It depends on the kid, age & program, but I realized my kids (and the teachers have now told me since we’ve started taking our kids out more since then to travel), could catch up just fine & not to worry about missing a week sporadically. And I’m learning that the older they get the much harder it is to schedule, even just a long weekend, so gotta grab the available weekends/weeks whenever I can!

4 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How did they make that leap??

We looked at the two sailings that included San Juan but they are not generally good times for DH’s work so we passed on them. PR is beautiful tho and I’d love to get my kids there one day! Just walking around the old part with the fort & the sea & colorful houses & cobblestone streets.

1 Like

Look. I feel like the adrenaline rush from the treat will only add to the experience, right? And you’d bond out super quick or be released on your own recognizance. Overcrowding and such. Hell, they might just give you a summons. And then if :clap: Haunted :clap: Mansion :clap: Bar doesn’t get you symphony with the judge, we will get together and picket the courthouse on your behalf.

3 Likes

I think they usually have one more sea day before Castaway Cay & after the ports. Maybe? I know I’m really excited to do those 2 sea days up front to get as much of the ship in as I can & then make a call if we do anything in port or not or stay on the ship to keep enjoying.

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

And I’m really saving for an Italy trip in early 2026

2 Likes

My ideal itin has a sea day mid-way and on the last day

Agree. I want to get off the ship relaxed and rested which doesn’t happen with your last day at Castaway

Hmm, why aren’t they using this new ship with the new island? Or will that not be ready yet? Or am I making up that there’s another one because as I’m typing it feels like it was in a dream LOL

2 Likes

Not making it up! There is a new island that will be ready summer 2024. They are using it as a draw to keep the Magic & Fantasy booked up.

The new ship will get the same old reliable Castaway Cay and rotating Eastern & Western itineraries.

And the new island was unofficially being referred to as Lighthouse Point but the official name is something like Disney’s Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point or something else ridiculously long like that.

3 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Count me in on the picket line!!

2 Likes

It was mostly whining like “It’s so hot it’s like we are in INDIA!” with the eye rolling emphasis on India. I was actually embarrassed by it as they were saying it really loudly and we live in a community with a large Indian-American population! DS7 came to India with me in utero and has heard the stories of how hot I was so any place hot must be India…

3 Likes

This is a good point but I still need a sea day at the end to make sure I catch everything I missed!

1 Like

I think the 7 days do have a 3rd sea day. In between the 2 non-private island ports and Castaway Cay. So it’s a little bonus sea day right at the end for just that!

Oh that is hilarious! The things kids say! Especially when you realize how much of it is a mirror of what you’ve told them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I had to blame DH a little because we were in port from 2-10pm and DH was so antsy to get off the ship that we obviously got off on the HOTTEST part of the day!

1 Like

Oh yeah! Definitely 2-5pm is sizzle time, especially nearer the equator in the Caribbean. That is such an unusually late port time though, I would be antsy to be in port by 2pm too. Did the boys at least appreciate that you can just walk around there and see a fort??? (If you were close enough to the forts to walk up to).

I thought I had done a trip report but cannot find it so I must have made that up. We definitely appreciated the fort.

We also fortunately got rescued from a 45 minute walk in the direct sun by this incredibly kind Park Ranger! They should just post signs that the walk along the water is 45 minutes!

3 Likes

OMG they even have the Donald chair. I will take a cruise to anywhere to be able to get into here.

3 Likes

LMAO. It’s just so absolutely ridiculous. I get its a form letter but there is such a difference in being a negligent parent who doesn’t their kid to school and taking them on family vacations and they treat them equally initially and you have to fill in all this paperwork to be declared innocent. What are we, British?!? LOL :wink:

2 Likes

Copycat! LOL

I feel so supported!

1 Like