Disney+ subscriber offer on DCL

Third and fourth guests sail FREE on DCL on select sailings between January and April 2023 for Disney+ subscribers. Bookings open tomorrow.

Pretty unreal sale, actually.

5 Likes

wow! that’s quite the discount for an out of pocket cost of what, $7.99/mo for D+?

2 Likes

This is huge for DCL, isn’t it? I don’t really think I’ve ever seen promotions. Maybe this one will extend into the fall. :crossed_fingers:

I have to assume that the Wish has cannibalized other DCL sailings instead of bringing in entirely new business?

3 Likes

Is it posted somewhere which sailings are included?

Not yet. Tomorrow it should be, when the offers are bookable.

Any idea what time bookings will open tomorrow?

I do not.

1 Like

The DCL website is VERY slow today. Must be a lot of people looking at what they would do. I tried to convince my wife that we should do it, but she is hooked on the idea of Costa Rica for Spring Break. But I can’t complain as we will be heading to Aulani next summer.

2 Likes

So the Disney+ offer showed up in the DCL special offers section somewhere between 6:15 and 6:50 this morning. I booked the only cruise that had dates matching my kids spring break and honestly almost don’t even know what I booked because I was doing it while trying to get the kids off to school and me off to work and Disney IT glitches…I have had a pit in my stomach since booking and will need moral support (not even sure if I want enabling at this point) once I have time to explain my situation later. For now, I have to work

2 Likes

I was pleased with how many sailings I was able to book before the site seized up on me!

Lots and lots of staterooms available, but it does not appear to include any sailings on the Wish, FYI.

2 Likes

This made me laugh. That old ask forgiveness not permission thing… :rofl:

3 Likes

Are people getting better prices than if they booked restricted fares? I feel like there have been so many of those since the Wish, with fairly reasonable prices.

Yes! I saved $2,700 off a cruise I previously booked. I didn’t have a restricted fare, but I am going during President’s Day week - which already was a high priced week.

5 Likes

I’ve been dying for an update! Do you feel better about your booking? Do you still have a pit in your stomach? Inquiring minds want to know!

I had a brief moment of insanity where I thought about booking a cruise. However, nothing really matched up with DD19’s spring break.

1 Like

I love that you followed up on this/are checking in on me—You’re such a mom! Work was crazy the past two days. I still feel sick over my hastily booked cruise and don’t know what I’m going to do ultimately…and the worst part is that I should be spending my time getting excited over our WDW/UO trip leaving in two weeks (still haven’t told the kids)

So, I went on the big red boat in the early 90’s as a teenager and enjoyed it but don’t really remember much. Then I did not cruise again until about 10 years ago around age 35 on Carnival and I was not a fan. I don’t like the idea of being stuck on a boat and just eating and drinking all day.
For the last couple of years, I have been wanting to try again with the kids on a Disney cruise and actually had the Alaska cruise booked for late summer 2021 but COVID. Then, I decided I would rather try them (really me) out on a shorter 3-4 night Disney cruise to see if we (I) liked it…but nothing much came of this idea until I heard about this Disney+ deal and then of course my FOMO kicked in. It also did not help that I’ve been reading all the recent cruise trip reports.

I found a couple shorter cruises with dates that would work with the kids schedules but of course those sailings weren’t part of the Disney+ offer…what I ended up booking was a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy during a very popular spring break week and since I was already paying premium for that week I figured, yes, I do want a veranda (might help with the trapped on a boat feeling). Then I looked at airfare for that week and add in the MCO to Port Canavaral transfer and I’m back to the undiscounted cost of the cruise. Then I also get to stress about the whole “is my flight to my cruise going to get cancelled during spring break travel week.” Then I made the post-consumer comparison mistake of looking at the Royal Caribbean site as I remembered (from researching in 1/2020) the unofficial guide for DCL ranked them closest in experience but much lower price. Anyway, I know my kids will love it…but I am worried that I am going to go a little stir-crazy/not be able to relax and enjoy it and while I am blessed to be able to afford this, I really am a cheapskate at heart and when I’m not even sure I like cruising at all, it is hard to justify DCL prices…BUT, I love Disney and justify the shit out of all my Disney spending so maybe I would like the Disney cruise experience…IDK.
I’m probably 50/50 on whether or not I’ll end up canceling but don’t have to decide for sure until December. Any thoughts?

1 Like

The FOMO is real, isn’t it? I’ve never cruised. Lately, DD19 and I have talked about trying a short cruise out of San Diego (since we’re west coast). I don’t really want to cruise if it’s not DCL … not sure why. Anyway, none of the California cruises were part of the deal. Plus … it’s just us two which kind of negates the value of the deal. But then I thought maybe I could get DD22 on board (pardon the pun) … so my thought process was a little whacked. Ultimately didn’t book anything as the dates didn’t line up. Once I settled down I realized it’s for the best. Girls both want to try Aulani next if possible so I’m focusing on that instead.

I don’t have any advice but I totally get where you’re at and how you got there! Hey, the trip coming up sounds fun!

1 Like

This is where I’m at too…but I’m not sure if that is just my subconscious telling me I don’t want to cruise

1 Like

I’m going on the 7 night Fantasy Western Caribbean cruise in October. I’ll have to let you know how it goes. We did the 4 night on the Dream last October and loved it–me 47 DH51, DS13. DS said it was the best vacation ever. Our daughter had started college so it was the first fall break trip where DS wouldn’t have her to pal around with. I never felt trapped on a ship. It’s so big and open.

DH and I did the wine tasting and Mixology classes. We saw a marvel movie, explored the ship, sat in the adult sections of the ship/pool. DS loved Edge. It was such a relaxing vacation. No running to rides, getting up early for G+ or to rope drop. I’ve already booked another 7 night on the Fantasy for October 2023 too. We are hooked.

2 Likes

Yes, you should! So do that! There’s no hurry on deciding about the cruise - you get a full refund until 30 days in advance of the trip!

There is SO MUCH more to do on these ships than that. Activities, shows, crafts, movies, classes, games! Endless supply of things. And also eating and drinking

Which is why this is the ideal time to book. This is an unprecedented sale!

3 Likes

Yes. Please do! It will be lovely to hear how yours went prior to me having to fully commit. I feel like everyone who goes ends up loving it and it seems people who go on one of the four night cruises always end up wanting to do a longer cruise the next time, so that was where my mind went to “in for a penny, in for a pound” mode