Disney+ subscriber offer on DCL

Wha???! I thought it was four months?! I swear I did do lots of research before booking the 2021 Alaska cruise in early 2020, but I think the last 2.5 years have melted my brain and there was really time to research between finding out about the Disney+ deal and booking

My mistake.

I have one sailing Iā€™m looking at now that sails 2/9 and final payment will be due 12/11.

1 Like

Using Disney Math, longer cruises are CHEAPER (per day that is). We were able to switch our original 5A booking to a Veranda Guaranteed room and saved $1200. We have 27 more days but donā€™t have our room assigned yet. For the savings, it was a risk I was willing to take.

3 Likes

Also general question: My husband is convinced that because it is a cruise during spring break that it will be extra crowded and the kids might not be able to get into the kids clubā€¦but I told him this should not be an issue because there are only so many people that can fit on a cruise ship and they are alway sailing at full or near full capacity, so if anything, a cruise would be the least likely place to feel the spring break crowds. Am I right?

1 Like

I guess if youā€™re sailing after that date it will show otherwise.
No guarantees, but they keep extending this relaxed cancellation fee schedule.

Anyway December is still a million days away and you should focus on your upcoming trip!

1 Like

That is interesting thou because the final payment for the 4/1 sailing is due 12/6 or closeā€¦I think it varies depending on the length of the cruise? (Though at first I was convinced it had to due with financial quarters and Disney padding the numbers)

See my last post. Itā€™s after that 3/31 date so thatā€™s why

1 Like

Our cruise in October 2021 was pretty empty but DCL had just resumed cruising. I think the Wish has been booking well but the other ships have not. When I look at my cruise this fall, there are tons of room available to book. If bookings were going well, compared to the past, I donā€™t think Disney would have offered the savings they have. Iā€™m not an expert, but ships only hold so many people so the crowds would always be the same. I donā€™t think there would be any problem getting kids in to the kids clubs. Once my husband did the Disney cruise, he doesnā€™t want to go anywhere else. He tells everyone they should go.

2 Likes

I agree we this! I averaged 20,000 steps a day on our one and only cruise (so far). One of those days I did do the Castaway Cay 5K, but I still moved plenty the other days as well. Iā€™m not a sit-around-eating person either.

2 Likes

Same. Mine even agreed to one for christmas, so we are doing the 7d fantasy that gets back christmas eve. I think he views it as his way to avoid the parks lol.

@Julianne_fki those west coast cruises this fall on wonder are some of the best regular prices ive seen on DCL. give one a shot! Theyre a blast.

2 Likes

Stupid college schedule! I wish I could!

2 Likes

Weā€™ll just miss each other! Weā€™re doing the 7d Fantasy cruise that departs on Christmas Eve!

2 Likes

I wouldā€™ve done that one, but i think this might be DSā€™s last year to believe in Santa, so we are going to try to make it home in time for the big guy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks to @OBNurseNH for the booking of the Disney Dream Feb 9-13.

Weā€™re doing the 4 nt Bahamian cruise with DH42, DW42 (DAS/Wheelchair), DD14 and DS 12.

The accessible verandah room came in around 3k, which is by far the cheapest the four of us could have gone on any cruise line anywhere.

This will be all of our first times on a ā€˜realā€™ cruise, as Iā€™ve only done Norwegian out of NYC and Viking river cruises before. The D+ deal is exceptional for families of four with two kids over the age of 10.

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: my pleasure!

1 Like

We booked a 7 night on the Fantasy and I am so excited about this trip! This is the one time that a really early spring break works to our advantage.

5 Likes

Is this the Apr 8th to Cozumel? weā€™ll be doing that one.

No, Eastern Caribbean on March 4. Our spring break in TN is really early.

2 Likes

I booked that one too!

Itā€™s my husbandā€™s spring break week. Heā€™s a professor at a university. Weā€™ll be bad parents and pull the kids out of school, they already have a short week for teacher in service days.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so excited. We will be doing a mixology course for sure, and DD will do a bourbon tasting. We will have to plan to meet up at some point if you guys have any free time.

1 Like