Disney stock?

That makes me remember hearing that at some brokers you can buy partial shares. How else could a smaller investor buy Amazon at over 3 thousand dollars a share? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I feel pretty good about my choices. I am also buying for the long haul. I chose companies that are researching things that I care about.

3 Likes

Disney stock is up huge today. It hit $171 and has dropped back down to $169 now. Congrats to the longs.

Good for him. My mom always said, when you win you should go buy yourself a sweater. She didn’t mean it literally, just go treat yourself to something right.

I would advise when it doubles to cut your position in half to take the profits, then let the rest ride. Buying all in at one price and selling at one price is not a good strategy. When it goes down, buy a little more. When it goes up, trim your position a little.

Congrats to him though. Good trade.

1 Like

$175 and counting!

1 Like

He already ducked out a few days ago, but I will make sure when or if we experiment again to use this strategy. It was a fun experiment. I think it would be interesting for each of us to find another stock of interest and utilize your strategy in the new year. It is a far more fun new years resolution than the ones I usually make!

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that his stock ultimately quadrupled for him.

3 Likes

That’s why I think when you have it on the house’s money, just let it ride. Selling out all the way means he would have lost on all of that extra gain.

1 Like