Disney Springs Dining

Ive only eaten at DS many, many moons ago, it was Downtown Disney at the time. We have a trip end of Nov - beginning of Dec. Being that the parks close early I was hoping to do some DS dining. What’s yalls favs / not to miss places?
If u can also include fav dishes or specialties, that would be magical!

BOATHOUSE!! Love the burger and the Wedge Salad!!

1 Like

Its on the short list!

1 Like

Homecomin’ is fabulous. The thigh high chicken biscuits on the appetizer menu are more than enough for a meal. Also, the hummingbird cake.
The Boathouse was great a few weeks ago- I had the special which was some type of white fish, DD had the lobster roll and DS had a shrimp boil. Also their honey butter rolls are delicious.
Morimoto is also good, though it has been years since I ate there.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

The kids and us really enjoyed the atmosphere and food at Rainforest Cafe two years ago.

1 Like

Its just DH and I so hoping to do more quiet places. But I do like that atmosphere. Hows the food?

1 Like

So many great choices.

Homecomin’–Church lady deviled eggs, Chicken and doughnuts, Hummingbird cake

Morimoto–Duck ramen, Buri-Bop, Spare ribs (it looks like the Wagyu beef if off the menu currently)

Homecoming is on the list!

1 Like

The drinks are great too.
The portions are huge. One of my DD’s and I like to order the devil eggs as an app and then split the chicken and doughnuts (sometimes with a side of mac and cheese–it is so good).

2 Likes

As you can see from @Randall1028 ‘s live report. DS is crowded and mask enforcement is nonexistent. We are avoiding it. I would eat in park big meals and do quick service at night. I like how Randall did some resort hopping in the evening. Just mho which is what you asked for.

3 Likes

That was my exact meal last week at Homecomin. It was by far my favorite meal of the week

2 Likes

Raglan Road. I particularly like the braised beef.

4 Likes

This is something to think about. Ill be there during the week, maybe the crowds will be lighter, hopefully. I would like to try one or 2 if crowds are light.

1 Like

Yes, that’s good thinking… the three times we’ve been there was during the week. The most congested areas are near The World of Disney. So, week nights are still too much for us so we are waiting for a vaccine or cure to visit the springs again. Which is very sad cuz I was looking forward, as you, to trying out all the places I’ve not been before. One day…

1 Like

Raglan (anything) I noticed last night they have limited their menu. I like Boathouse but I have heard a lot of reports of it being crowed lately. Morimoto’s buri bop and ribs. Fontera’s apps make a great meal and has outdoor dining.

2 Likes

Of course I had to look at DS map. So this being said I could hit the area where Boathouse Raglin and Homecomins are located and maybe miss the congestion. Also, I wonder if, during the week the crowds are heavier early evening then thin out or get progressively heavier as the night goes on?

2 Likes

We found this to be the opposite the three weekday evenings were were there… weird…

1 Like

You might miss the congestion if you stay around those restaurants. We found it was the area around World of Disney that was so crowded.

2 Likes

Oh, Im asking which. Are you saying the get worse as the evening goes on or is 9pm the crowds leave. If they are open that late, DH and I frequently eat at 8:30 so no big deal to wait for crowds. And Im not looking to shop, it would be a get in and get out kinda thing. Staying at Pop, have no car. Im nervous about dining at a resort and not being able to get back. Could uber I guess.