Disney Springs Dining

LOL… sorry about that, my response was confusing. The Springs got more crowded as the evening progressed. And @Dreamer is right… if you stay near restaurants you can avoid the crowded shopping areas. But again, as the night goes on the other areas get more crowded too, but not as full as the popular Disney stores.

I did notice that some of the smaller shops closed earlier than normal too… did you notice that Dreamer? I thought it was odd since traffic picked up as the evening progressed.

1 Like

We definitely noticed that some smaller shops were already closed when we finished dinner.

1 Like

So, its better to plan dinner earlier, which we can do too. So far Raglin Road and Homecomins look like the 2 I must do (or REALLY want to try to do). If I can make it a 3rd night, Boathouse too

You must visit The Ganachery! They closed early though. But it’s a treat, expensive, that you can have all week in your resort. We were first introduced to them while waiting in Guest Services in DS. They were passing out samples. And all over the silent waiting area you could hear moans of delight as ppl popped their treat into their mouths. But now I’m trying to remember if you were one of those chocolate haters in the other thread… sorry, so sorry

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy: just not a fan of choco ice cream. I do enjoy chocolate in desserts. My sister makes a dark choco cherry cake that is to DIE for!

2 Likes

Then

1 Like

I cant find it on the map. Looking at all dining and I dont see in list.

1 Like

it’s on the shopping list

2 Likes

Yes! Thats why I couldnt find it! Thx!

1 Like

I found this to be one of the hardest reservations to get (at the time I wanted), so if you’re set on Homecoming, be sure to try for it as soon as your reservation window opens.

2 Likes

I have a 5am CT alarm :joy:

I think this will be the 1st choice for our AK day, early dinner. Hope that helps get a good time in the res. If I do a second day, it will be boathouse bc of outdoor dining.

I won’t go as far to say it’s “nonexistent” but it’s certainly not the “95%+” compliance rate that’s been alluded to on this forum and elsewhere.

If the mask thing is a legitimate concern(understandably so), I would definitely avoid weekends where crowds are higher and tougher to weave around.

2 Likes

Yes this seems to be a thing, the weekends. So far, TRs show the weekdays with much more compliance. The weekends… seem to be iffy. Going Sunday - Thursday, and at a historically low time for the holidays. Hoping low crowds :grimacing::crossed_fingers:

You can always book it directly through restaurant or through (I think it’s called) open table I’ve booked it by directly calling restaurant and having my choice of times when there was no availability on MDE.

2 Likes

oh…for clarification I saw no mask enforcement in DS… yes, masks are being worn but I observed no CMs and the like telling ppl to wear them correctly or to wear them. I also don’t remember the mask ‘voice’ that plays inside the parks at DS. You’ve been there more recently maybe you noticed it? but my rational for avoiding DS stands. I won’t go back until C-10 is fixed.

3 Likes

I’ve done that for DS before too. T-Rex is the one that has nothing on MDE but if I call I can get my date and time w/o issue

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a reservation for Homecomin’ is “Unavailable” through the Open Table network, and the Homecomin website itself has a reservation link that takes you through Disney.

That’s good to know! I’ve never tried calling the restaurant.

2 Likes
1 Like