Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to Remain Closed Until Summer 2021

And here I was hoping that when I finally go to Poly in April all of the restaurants etc would be up and running… today’s been very very Monday.

2 Likes

I “hearted” that in solidarity, not because I actually love it :frowning:

Thanks.
Well, I always wanted to stay at the Poly so I’ll still hang in there with my DVC rental in April.

Just gonna do this in instalments:
20 years ago I did breakfast at Ohana.
Pick up whatever’s closed whenever I go back…

So 2020 strikes again

3 Likes

I stayed at poly a week before the shutdown and found myself thinking “where the heck is moana?!” the entire time.

3 Likes

For the price u pay at Poly, the monorail is a perk you can not make up for with… buses :frowning:

7 Likes

When is your trip? We’re booked for the Poly in December but haven’t received an email yet.

I was, well, still am booked 4/27 - 4/30. I also called about it this morning, so maybe that prompted the email. Have you checked your spam folder?

Exactly!

Thanks. Yes I’ve checked spam and no email. I typically receive their emails in my Inbox. When you called, did they offer options to move at the same price?

If they want to inject an IP, how about into some place soulless? Say… a certain a-frame tower?

Poly already had a theme going.

6 Likes

We’re booked in the VP Ambassador Suite. There’s really nothing comparable that they can offer right now because they’ve suspended club level bookings at all resorts. They offered 2 Poly Studio Villas (and I didn’t think to ask about a Bungalow, but they don’t appear to be available for cash bookings right now anyway), or 2 Theme Park Views at Contemporary. Those were both no-go’s for now. I’d rather wait and see if club level gets reinstated.

Thanks for the insight. Hope they open up some good options for you.

1 Like

Thanks! Me too. I’ve been having a mini freak-out today. We’ve got 4 nights booked club level at YC, 3 nights club level at Poly, and 6 nights DVC club level at AKL-Jambo. It’s my big 40th birthday celebration. I’m holding out hope that club level returns, but I also have back up 2 bdrm villas booked (we’re a party of 8).

Maybe see if you can get a cabin at Copper Creek?? :heart_eyes:

Wilderness Lodge is also closed through 2021 with no bookings available but you can book both CC (which shares the same lobby) and BR. Not sure there has been an official announcement that this is due to a refurb but interested with the Poly news of this is the case. (Although Pocahontas IP is already taken with the Reflections resort… unless rumors are true that it is on hold. What IP is left to add?)

1 Like

Wow! Sounds like a great celebration!

1 Like

The cabins aren’t available for cash bookings right now. I called DVC this morning and asked. And after booking at AKL, we don’t have enough points left to book that way. I will keep checking to see if they become available for cash bookings though.

1 Like

That was the original plan!! Seems I may not be turning 40 until 2022 if all the restrictions/changes continue!!

7 Likes

Didn’t they toy with the idea of an Incredibles theme at one point?

1 Like

Yeah. That still needs to happen.

2 Likes